News/Inbox split still not right.

Great game and all but...

This still isn't sorted, the subscription system is great but it's not working properly.

People in the past said they were missing important jobs, managers being sacked etc, so we can now subscribe to 'jobs' but do we really care that x wants the first team coach job at y? no of course not.

Then people complained they didn't feel part of the football world as they were missing transfer news, so now we can subscribe to 'transfers' but do we really need to know Spurs have received £100k for Darren Bent's first 10 goals? Of course not.

sortitoutsi!

I agree, but very much doubt they will make this for the third patch. Perhaps on FM11.

Third patch is already finished in my opinion (just a case of SI releasing it now). So you're right there. Would be nice to have some sort of filter though yeah where we can subscribe to transfers but only sales/buys/loans rather than clauses, add ons etc.

I agree it's still not ideal but at least it is much better than before.

I'm assuming this is one of those new parts that will get tweaked over time and get better and more sophisticated.

Its clear the job offers dont appear. Jobs appear but not in your inbox or news item but rather as a minor story when it could easily be a job you fancy.

it's strange.... obviously si had done and keep doing an absolutely amazing job with this game, you really have to tip your hat to them.

but quelque fois... they seem to overlook really obvious things that do actually matter.

seems strange to me, perhaps they have such a big team now that the top guys can't oversee every little detail. in the past, 90's etc, i used to agree with every little change they done lol. but now, a lot of it seems strange to me, ala this news/inbox thing that's been going on for about 3 versions now.

• SI Staff

If we put them back together you have the problem of receiving at least 30+ news items per day and that's not counting any news about players on your shortlist.

It's quite clear that the current system isn't working as well as it should though and people are missing out on things they would like to know.

I would be happy for just a bit of news on big clubs/moves. SAF retired and Ancelotti took over (fired by Chelsea few years back), and I have just seen this 2 years later, only because I'm playing Man U in the CL. The retirement of one of/probably the greatest manager of all time, and not a piece of news? Strange.

I'd love to be able to filter myself what I want to come in the inbox. Like when you use filter in the squad screen you can tick the boxes you want, and if something similar was made with the inbox I'd love it. I want all news about shortlisted players to come in the inbox at least. Now they're just coming in 'News' and if I have very many shortlisted players I'll often miss some news about some of them.

• SI Staff
I would be happy for just a bit of news on big clubs/moves. SAF retired and Ancelotti took over (fired by Chelsea few years back), and I have just seen this 2 years later, only because I'm playing Man U in the CL. The retirement of one of/probably the greatest manager of all time, and not a piece of news? Strange.

But that's the thing. If you were managing in the Brazilian Second Division would you really care if Alex Ferguson retired and someone else got the Man Utd job? You would get that type of news for all top managers then.

If the league in question is set as playable then of course it should.

Other thing the filter is there for something, why not join back together news and Inbox and choose which transfer rumors of what leagues we want to hear. I mean that is the reason that filter exists does it not? Why the need to over complicate?

But that's the thing. If you were managing in the Brazilian Second Division would you really care if Alex Ferguson retired and someone else got the Man Utd job?

Yes? Because managing in a low divison/obscure country doesn't mean you don't read about world football? Or are you saying it's realistic to be stuck in the small world of 2nd division brazil per your example? Or am i missing something here?

The news are horrible - first the transfers for example in spain - I constantly get news how Real Madrid moves player to team C, to team B or Valencia or any other team that has this weird secondary team that works like transferring the player.

Coaches constantly wanting jobs at clubs I do not care about.

Suggestions for news subscriptions do not work. I accept and nothing changes, then I get the same suggestions to subscribe/unsubscribe from this that and I always accept but nothing ever changes.

Yes? Because managing in a low divison/obscure country doesn't mean you don't read about world football? Or are you saying it's realistic to be stuck in the small world of 2nd division brazil per your example? Or am i missing something here?

The news are horrible - first the transfers for example in spain - I constantly get news how Real Madrid moves player to team C, to team B or Valencia or any other team that has this weird secondary team that works like transferring the player.

Coaches constantly wanting jobs at clubs I do not care about.

Suggestions for news subscriptions do not work. I accept and nothing changes, then I get the same suggestions to subscribe/unsubscribe from this that and I always accept but nothing ever changes.

I agree, old FMs, post FM08, the news where far to simpler. Don't understand this need and obsession of over complicating things.

Agree , the old system in 2007 when you had a basic choice of what you wanted int your inbox was much better.

Now there is too much irrelevant news , and you have to go searching for things that you might find interesting

Put them back together , with an option to filter out things you dont want. And remove all the pointless " joe blogs wants a job at mk dons " , " arbroath have payed 1k as part of player Xs transfer deal " = its pointless.

I'd Rather have a flood of 30 semi interesting news items in my inbox rather than having to go to a separate section and try to wade through 100 dull items.

Agree , the old system in 2007 when you had a basic choice of what you wanted int your inbox was much better.

Now there is too much irrelevant news , and you have to go searching for things that you might find interesting

Put them back together , with an option to filter out things you dont want. And remove all the pointless " joe blogs wants a job at mk dons " , " arbroath have payed 1k as part of player Xs transfer deal " = its pointless.

I'd Rather have a flood of 30 semi interesting news items in my inbox rather than having to go to a separate section and try to wade through 100 dull items.

Well said :thup:

Ter I'm waiting for your reply.

Archived