How do I change my game to 10.2?

I think I am on 10.0.. Don't know why but since I got offered the Brazil job it won't let me accept, and I made a thread yesterday and somebody said I need to change to 10.2 and I would be able manage Brazil in my current game.

So how do I change my current save game to 10.2? Do I just download the patch and put it in DB?

Cheers :thup:

Download the patch and install it. You may have to ad .exe to run the patch installation. Make sure you don't run FM while installing the patch.

Spot on. Also make sure you download the right match (PC or Mac, Boxed or Digital version).

right click on your fm shortcut then click properties.

type "10.2" after FM.exe

Don't listen to this guy.

I downloaded and ran it, it uploaded it to 10.2 but when I go to the screen where it says 'Version' it still says 10.0. :( I think I done it correctly, im on a PC and I downloaded the PC one, and I bought the game from the shops and through Steam, I downloaded the Boxed version. :(

I downloaded and ran it, it uploaded it to 10.2 but when I go to the screen where it says 'Version' it still says 10.0. :( I think I done it correctly, im on a PC and I downloaded the PC one, and I bought the game from the shops and through Steam, I downloaded the Boxed version. :(

If you installed through Steam, the patches will be automatically downloaded.

If you installed through Steam, the patches will be automatically downloaded.

I thought that, but it hasn't done that for some reason. :(

To check the game version, go to your home page in the game and click on the FM icon on the top taskbar and click on game status and it will tell you there.

Yea, it says '10.0.0 80381(m.e v806)

You might have the auto-patching feature turned off. Simply turn it back on. :)

And to do that go on to your Steam page and click the tab labelled 'My Games', then right click on Football Manager 2010 and click on properties in the sub-menu.

In the new window, click the updates tab and in the drop down menu select 'always keep this game up to date'.

And to do that go on to your Steam page and click the tab labelled 'My Games', then right click on Football Manager 2010 and click on properties in the sub-menu.

In the new window, click the updates tab and in the drop down menu select 'always keep this game up to date'.

Thanks, Baker. Hadn't a clue how to do this. :thup:

Its weird, it will let me start a new game on 10.2 but it hasn't updated my save game? Is it even possible to put my current save game on 10.2? Its in 2013 or 2014 i think.

Doesn't it automatically put all the fixes into the save game, but not the data changes?

Doesn't it automatically put all the fixes into the save game, but not the data changes?

Yeah that is what I want, I keep being offered the Brazil manager and everytime I accept nothing happens. Apparently this new patch has fixed that? :confused:

Yeah that is what I want, I keep being offered the Brazil manager and everytime I accept nothing happens. Apparently this new patch has fixed that? :confused:

Hmm... I think someone was in the Bug's forum the other day, with that problem and 10.2, so we have to presume it'll be fixed in 10.3...

Archived