red cards in friendly matches

today i got my first red card in a friendly match. Alves got a straight red for elbowing someone in a challenge. The friendly was against my reserve team....

After the game i noticed he got a ban for an italian domestic game then the ban was increased to 2 matches..................

does anyone else think that this is a joke??

why would you get banned in a friendly against your reserve game for actual premiership matches

Originally posted by nots:

but still, would there be a red card given in friendly games no matter what the team and would you get banned from domestic games as a result?

Yes.

If in a pre-season friendly, I went up and punched/headbutted/elbowed Ashley Cole deliberately in the face, I would get sent off, and I would get banned in the regular season, almost certainly.

However, what I'm not certain about is if the same thing would apply to friendly matches within the same team. I'm not sure the game makes the distinction, though.

but surely the referee would be more lenient anyway in friendly games. He got someone with an elbow trying to head the ballso sureley in a friendly match you wouldnt get a straight red for that.

Originally posted by nots:

but surely the referee would be more lenient anyway in friendly games. He got someone with an elbow trying to head the ballso sureley in a friendly match you wouldnt get a straight red for that.

Maybe so. If it's accidental, then leniency would probably be greater in a pre-season friendly. My post was more to say that red cards can (and should) be given in friendlies, for certain things.

i agree..

they should be given for stupid things like punching and blatantly cheating but accidentlal stuff is just anoyying and doubt it would ever happen irl unless you broke someones leg or something

Originally posted by wwwpoop:

Yep, a case of the game forgetting to make the distinction.

This is the issue. Even when you put easy tackling, the AI and the ref doesn't recognise a friendly, especially against your own reserves or kids. This should be addressed.

Probably a way to see or evaluate your Disciplinary level, and also what you said as team talk, prior to the game is bound to come into consideration, you are very less likely to get any red cards when you tell your players to "Relax, the result is not important", than when you tell them "i expect win".

N.B. Players of high competetives nature can get you in trouble, even in friendlies, when you tell them you expect a win

It pays as well to check the refree stats, some refs are nutters, just like in real life, yeah one mike riley is a nutter.

• SI Staff

Wayne Rooney was sent off in a friendly game at the beginning of this season and was suspened when the league season starts of this. It depends if is a violent act and gets reported by referee a straight red card for elbowing would be reported and get a suspension.

Archived