Exeter 2023/24.

I was halfway through a season at Exeter which was enjoyable to play, when suddenly, in a match, it went blank, and turned itself off. I turned it on and I had lost my game, some of it is my fault, like not having a memory stick, I was just a bit disappointed because it was fully charged and it came out of the blue, and I was quite intrested in it. Can anyone explain why this happened??

• SI Staff
I was halfway through a season at Exeter which was enjoyable to play, when suddenly, in a match, it went blank, and turned itself off. I turned it on and I had lost my game, some of it is my fault, like not having a memory stick, I was just a bit disappointed because it was fully charged and it came out of the blue, and I was quite intrested in it. Can anyone explain why this happened??

I'm very sorry to hear of your problem.

I can't be 100% certain of what occurred but it IS heavily recommended that you don't run the game continually for more than 24 hours of continious use (even interrupted by powering the machine off). This is simply because the PSP isn't particularly designed to be used in this manner and will slowly fragment memory over time which might eventually cause issues with programs running upon it.

If possible I'd recommend trying to pick up a memory stick and simply ensuring you save and fully reboot the device (power fully off and reboot totally, ie. OS reboot) every 24 hours or so of play (maximum, preferably not quite that much, although we do 24 hour continual play soaks here as part of our testing so we know that should be fine).

Archived