Transferring Save Game

Hello all, can anyone tell me how to transfer a save game from my work laptop to my home PC? I'm changing jobs on Friday and am in year 2022 with a new stadium in my name being opened next season!! I used to be able to do it on the old FMs but can't seem to work out how on this one.

I'm playing FM 2009 still.

Thanks all,

It should transfer fine, you just need to make sure you're running the same version of the game (probably patch 10.2) on the version you're attempting to move the save to.

Hi there, I am running the same FM2009 but can't even find the save game file to transfer from! Can you help:?

He's on FM10?

My FM09 save games (on Windows XP) were located at:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\games

Yeah he's on FM2009 I know. Just thought he'd be able to apply some common sense as I currently don't have that installed :) Should be the same though, ignoring the number.

The hall of fame is a seperate file. I transfered my 09 save easily when I got a new laptop last summer, simply transfering it with a usb stick after installing the game, but things like hall of fame, tactics and the like are stored in their own folders.

Common sense prevailed lol. Thanks guys, can't find the Hall of Fame info though. Alex Ferguson is back at number 1, and we can't have that now can we?!

Hall of Fame is located here:

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

and called:

hall_of_fame.dat

Archived