My top scoring striker is a bad piece of business?

Every month when my board review comes round, they (or the fans) tell me they're disappointed in one of my strikers (who I signed on a free) and it's a bad piece of business.

When he first joined I tried to play 4-3-3 with AMR / AML and my new guy as a lone striker. After 5 rather shocking games it was obvious that neither he nor any of my other strikers is a target man so I switched back to a regular 4-4-2 which seemed to help.

He's now solid if not spectacular so his average rating is still lower than maybe it should be but the only trouble I have with that is he's my top scorer! On the other hand, I've got another striker who hasn't found the net in 28 hours of competitive football (great in the reserves of course) and they don't say a word about him.

So, is it all about the ratings? Do they look at anything else?

sometimes their reputation proceeds them. For example in my sheff wednesday save i signed marlon king on a free (desperate for goals). But my board disapproved and the media claimed it was a very risky signing. He got goals but the board and fans still hated him, so when an offer came in the chairman accepted. So, back to the question, other factors are considered, it isnt just about the ratings.

Archived