Ultimatums: Success rate

In all the years of playing the CM/FM series I have never, NEVER, issued an ultimatum for some issue and got what I wanted, no matter how long I've been at the club or how many trophies I've won. Success rate: 0%.

In fact I think only once have I been "warned about my behaviour" and "asked to reconsider" or something like that. All other times, I got sacked. Seriously, what is the Ultimatum option for? I already know how to resign on my own.

Would be interested to hear about any instance where an ultimatum was issued to any degree of success.

I think it depends on your reputation, how long you have been with them and what you have achieved.

I never used it but that is what I read in the forums some time ago.

whenever I have used it...........no matter of status............its clear your desk time:rolleyes:

your feet wont touch the floor:D

I seem to remember being successful once way back in the CM days. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Have tried it once or twice on FM too, but ended up leaving the club house with lowered head. Nowadays I don't even dare to hit the button. It's the equivalent of hitting resign.

ultimatum is a case of do this or lose me, so if the board say no of Course your going to get sacked ultimatum i think stands a better chance if the chairman loves the club and has been there for many many years (Same as you) you also have to take into account what your asking for there is no way the board are going to bankrupt the club because the manager threw his toys out of the pram because he wants a bigger stadium or more transfer funds. when you ask your already told why it was rejected. 9/10 if your respect in the club the board will give in to the first request, (And if they can afford it)

I did one ultimatum (in CM4 I think) about transfert budget which was a success. But all other ultimatum I did, I get sacked... Worse, many of the ultimatum I did, I was in a club for a longer time, and had a better reputation, than the one ultimatum I "won".

Like complaining about about a referee or media pre/post-match discussions, I think ultimatum is a useless thing in FM... :(

It worked for me once. I wanted to sign a player on wages above what they were used to paying. They agreed. But then I did manage to get them premiership football. Think I was playing as qpr and it was quite a few games ago.

On the refs thing, I remember, if you complained enough times and they were justifiable complaints, decisions started going in your favour. Does anyone else rememeber that or is it just me?

Like complaining about about a referee or media pre/post-match discussions, I think ultimatum is a useless thing in FM... :(

It has its uses I guess. Instead of getting fired or resigning you can put an ultimatum to them. You are basically just asking to get sacked anyway. Unless you've been there for 30+ years and won everything perhaps.

I've done it within the first or second season, with valencia(more transfer funds), not sure which fm between06-08 it was tho.

I guess in punishment(from the FM gods) i got sacked on 08 i think with Roma because we were taken over and despite me winning all my games they still wanted their own manager :mad:

I last used it on CMO1/02 for transfer money, I'd won the league and they'd given me a skimpy £8m to work with

The board went in a mega huff and gave me the money to boost up to £20m but warned me they expected results and would not tolerate this approach in the future.

I tried it once on FM10 as untouchable status and 'I was reluctantly allowed to leave'

I'm in year 2022 with LFC, have a stadium being named after me, reached the final of the CL 9 times in a row (lost it the first four times) and won the league the last seven years. Tried it for a laugh after saving the game and was promptly told where to go. They recruited Klinsmann within a week. Gutted.

I used it once as Brentford manager after I joined them and they agreed decent wage & transfer budgets etc, only to actually join and them tell me they were over budget and no transfer funds were available. I played a few weeks and asked for the cash they promised, they said no so I gave them an ultimatum. Obviously it meant I left, but it felt like it was about right in this case and I had the fans on my side too which was good.

I had the fans on my side too which was good.

I think this could be utilised more, i.e the board refusing your ultimatum but saying something along the lines of 'in light of your good track record and affinity with the supporters the board would like you to withdraw your ultimatum and return to the training ground to concentrate on first team affairs'

Or if the fans hate you

'Fans Back Sacking' and the board could say 'we don't tolerate this behaviour, transfer policy is restricted for the good of the club and its longevity for its excellent supporters who have long indicated they feel it is time for a new man in charge'

Could do the same thing with the players, they could speak out for or against you

I have used an ultimatum successfully THREE times in a row, a day after becoming Anderlecht manager. Think it was on FM2006 or 07. My transfer budget went from £1 mil to £18 mil. Fourth time I tried it they sacked me. Kudos to the board for the patience though.

I have used an ultimatum successfully THREE times in a row, a day after becoming Anderlecht manager. Think it was on FM2006 or 07. My transfer budget went from £1 mil to £18 mil. Fourth time I tried it they sacked me. Kudos to the board for the patience though.

Yikes, I'm not surprised they axed you

I can't imagine Anderlecht have easily got £18m to splash out. Did they secure it on a bank or gift loan or just plunge you into red hoping the money would come back in from success?

I am pretty sure it was over-successful in 07, such as with the Anderlecht issue above, they toned it down and it has become nigh-on impossible. Fergie would be sacked for DARING to ask for more wages so he could buy a superstar in game.

Archived