You know whats going to happen

Its pre match analysis. Your Keeper hasn't conceded since the ice age. There strikers are suffering a drought that goes back to when they represented the school under 9's. You can bet your life 10 minutes in you are going to be 2-0 down. How frustrating?

Just had the exact thing happen in my Club Brugge Save, my keeper was unbeaten in 350+ minutes and Westerloo were yet to score a league goal. Sure enough 6 minutes in I am 2-0 down and no matter what I tried I just couldn't score despite mumerous decent chances.

Very annoying but unfortunatly it is realisitic.

This game is a total disappointment. what an awful game. this year was the last time i paid for this game. i think they should call it the great comebacks instead of fm 2010. this is pure cheating. are there still people playing this game?

This game is a total disappointment. what an awful game. this year was the last time i paid for this game. i think they should call it the great comebacks instead of fm 2010. this is pure cheating. are there still people playing this game?

What do you think? :rolleyes:

For the first time in my FM career, I was on the other end of this situation.

As Villa in 2017/2018, Delfouneso is one of my main strikers. He had 15 goals in 24 matches. That's a great return, I thought to myself. From that game, he had not scored for over 15 hours of football (had to keep playing him due to injury). After having thoughts about benching him for a Reserve striker, I thought I'll give him one more game. The opponent: Manchester United. The result: 1-0. The goalscorer: Delfouneso. The time of the goal: 3rd minute. My expression: Good result and about f***ing time.

On a side note: my schedule consisted of Arsenal, Tottenham, Arsenal (Carling Cup semi-final leg 1), Liverpool, Arsenal (leg 2), Chelsea, Werder Bremen, Man Utd, Werder Bremen. The remaining games were all lower table opposition. Hell of a way to start the new calendar year.

Glad it's not just me then!

Even happens at the end of the season!

Exactly my thoughts! What makes it even worse is when it's a due-to-retire CB, 39 years old, 1 goal in 907 games, who hasn't played in 8 months... and still bangs in a hat-trick against my keeper who hasn't been scored against in 903940390 minutes.

(Slight exaggeration) :p

16 year old (quite good) regen at Man Utd comes off the bench to net twice against me. He doesn't play again for two years, until I eventually sign him for just over £1m.

In the same season, Liverpool loan a 17 year old regen from Celtic. He plays two games, and naturally scores against me. He doesn't play or score again for two years, and is eventually released on a free.

But hey, my players have done exactly the same for me - I had players in midfield for about 4 years before they suddenly remember they know how to score 25 yard screamers.

you also know what will happen if after 70 minutes you have been bombarding the opposition goalkeeper, created loads of chances, dominated the game entirely yet not scored. the opposition willl score with their first shot at goal.

again its just a case of **it happens. i know these things happen in football, doesnt stop it from being annoying though.

Archived