World Club Championship annoying

UF91

in FM09 i used to register my squad players and some youngsters for the competition and my first team players never once complained, but this year all my first team players get unhappy if i dont register them. come on it's not like i chucked out of the champions league squad, in real life i doubt they would become unhappy if they didnt get picked for the world club championship.

OP - we have discussed this on here before, and I agree with you, it is daft.

Tomer - it is certainly not the biggest prize in the world. That is the World Cup (in football terms).

In club football, the European Champions League is the biggest prize in the world. European clubs see the World Club Cup as nothing more than a glorified friendly.

Tomer - it is certainly not the biggest prize in the world. That is the World Cup (in football terms).

In club football, the European Champions League is the biggest prize in the world. European clubs see the World Club Cup as nothing more than a glorified friendly.

BAR: (GK) 1 Victor VALDES, 2 DANI ALVES , 3 Gerard PIQUE , © 5 Carles PUYOL , 6 XAVI , 9 Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC, 10 Lionel MESSI , 14 Thierry HENRY Out (-83′) , 15 Seydou KEITA Out(-46′HT), 16 Sergio BUSQUETS Out (-79′), 22 Eric ABIDAL

Subs

17 PEDRO In(+46′HT) ,24 Yaya TOURE IN (+79′) , 7 JEFFREN IN (+83′)

That's a pretty good line-up for a glorified friendly in the middle of the season, don't you think? I'll concede that it's not the biggest prize int he world (bit of exaggeration there) but it's much much mroe than a glorified friendly.

That's a pretty good line-up for a glorified friendly in the middle of the season, don't you think? I'll concede that it's not the biggest prize int he world (bit of exaggeration there) but it's much much mroe than a glorified friendly.

I think it's generally regarded as a distraction for European clubs.

this has been over and over multiple times, its viewed differently around the world, most continents see it as the biggest and best, whereas in Europe its a distraction, ask most european players and they will say the champions league followed by their domestic league is priority 1 & 2.

The board never seem remotely interested in it. I always get told I won't be judged on my results

I played my Newcastle reserves and U18's against New York and lost 4-2. The board didn't pass comment and the fans were pleased with the performance and the youth players.

I'm not risking my Champions League and Premier League and hell, even FA Cup commitments for the world version of the Community Shield

The Club World Championship is a title as others, but European teams consider it about the same as the European Super Cup... It's nice to win it but no big deal to lose it.
this has been over and over multiple times, its viewed differently around the world, most continents see it as the biggest and best, whereas in Europe its a distraction, ask most european players and they will say the champions league followed by their domestic league is priority 1 & 2.
If we're speaking strictly FM terms... Club World Championship trophy don't count in Hall of Fame. 'nuff said?
The board never seem remotely interested in it. I always get told I won't be judged on my results

I played my Newcastle reserves and U18's against New York and lost 4-2. The board didn't pass comment and the fans were pleased with the performance and the youth players.

I'm not risking my Champions League and Premier League and hell, even FA Cup commitments for the world version of the Community Shield

My point exactly :thup:

I alway's go first team into it. I know it's a fairly pointless effort but I see it as if I'm in it, I'l win it. It's a 'minor trophy' yeah, but it's alway's nice to win it. I hate the big deal made if you get knocked out of the league cup (english). I play a mix of youth/first team players - normally 4 in form player's. Chelsea or Arsenal come along with strength and I tell my player's - pressure's off. If we lose - I'm not concerned but why in the hell do the fan's get all a***y about it? 10 point's clear at the Premiership and nobody is saying job well done though!!!

The CWC is not a major trophy in European terms as its seen the same as the Intercontinental cup was. Its a nice summer type competition for European clubs although if they win it its nice, they dont have it as a major accolade. South American teams are different as they see this trophy as getting one over their old European masters, so to speak. Other continents would also see this as a big trophy because they would rarely be considered as contenders. European teams have strong leagues and a strong continental competition already so the CWC is not something to be taken seriously or not as serious as other competitions. Elsewhere the level of comeptition is more questionable so that is why the CWC is seen as a major trophy.

world club cups reputaion is 14 on fmrte. the championship is 12 if memory serves and prem is 19, so its not exactly a big deal tbh

How does that 14 rep compare to the CL, UEFA cup,Libertadores, Euro Super Cup?

Not that I condone the use of fmrte but seeing as you obviously don't mind I'd be interested to know?

Archived