Look at my grass!

In real life, Hamilton in the Scottish Premier League have a surface like that - not sure if it's reflected in the game.

They had to lift their artificial surface and put in grass when they got promoted to the SPL.

Hamilton? Did they really? How come Dunfermline got away with playing on an artificial surface a couple of seasons prior?

Because, from what I can find on the net, the issue is voted on by the 12 spl clubs if a team can use the artificial surfaces.

Hamilton opted for grass because they didnt want to spend the summer arguing.

Artificial turf is getting more and more popular, but mainly in countries where it's difficult keeping natural grass in good conditions.

In Norway, 1/3 of yesteryear's Premier Division stadiums had artificial turf.

"fake grass" is easier to take care of, and provides good/stable playing conditions.

Considering the sorry state of many real grass pitches, I don't think artificial grass is a bad idea.

I've played on a Polytan pitch here in Granada, Spain. It was a superb surface at a huge sports college and center on the edge of the city. They've two football pitches in it, plus a variant of the same thing for tennis, as well as clay courts.

Believe me, it's a joy to play on such a surface in amateur level matches, when 80% of the pitches are gravel, because of the cost of maintaining grass.

Victoria Stadium in Gibraltar uses an artificial pitch similar to the one CSKA Moscow have. Is very good, except for the little black things that get in your shoes no matter what you try to do to stop it. Just played cricket on it for games in school.

Is Fifa approved as well, despite the fact we don't play in fifa competitions :D

top division clubs Stabaek, Bodo/Glimt and Tromso of norway all play on artificial ground. Last season, the latter faced Athletic Bilbao on their artificial turf in an EC playoff game (last qualifier). If I remember correctly, also Stabaek faced FK Copenhagen in a qualifier for the champions cup on that artificial ground, and to make an even better story of it, they even play their games inside a sport complex :-) (not stadium-with-roof, but a complete indoor football stadium)

Please look at the following links

www.tarkett-sports.com

www.polytan.com

Just a couple of examples of FIFA approved artificial surfaces.

Dude, I was taking the mick. Look at how you spelt it :rolleyes:

We have an artificial turf pitch at our school (same as Arsenals training ground and Moscow's football ground pitch), was the 3rd in the country. Was bought using lottery funds our school was given or something. The black rubber bits don't half effin annoy you though, you find it round the house all the time!

Archived