Best players of the old Fm's that seemed to disappear

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What players did you used to buy all the time but are just crap now? Said bouther from william II used to be tipped as one of the best players in the game. Also that guy from middlesborough cant remeber his name but he didnt turn out well?

Middlesbrough?? Good players on FM??? You sure about that? lol

Nathan Porritt maybe the name you are trying to remember. HYPE, HYPE and more HYPE. He's solid for his age. Nothing special. I blame Panorama! lol

Middlesbrough?? Good players on FM??? You sure about that? lol

Nathan Porritt maybe the name you are trying to remember. HYPE, HYPE and more HYPE. He's solid for his age. Nothing special. I blame Panorama! lol

Lol, he had major pot. on 2005 i think, he was a DM i think, i have his name in my head but i cant type it haha!

Lol, he had major pot. on 2005 i think, he was a DM i think, i have his name in my head but i cant type it haha!

I normally pride myself on knowing quite abit about FM/Middlesbrough & players...but a DM from 2005??

Jason Kennedy maybe?

In terms of dissapearing players... Sherman Cardenas...

But the first player that came to mind was Lebohang Mokoena lol, What happened to him!? He was amazing on 05/06 i think :p

Yes! Mokoena was simply outstanding!

In terms of dissapearing players... Sherman Cardenas...

But the first player that came to mind was Lebohang Mokoena lol, What happened to him!? He was amazing on 05/06 i think :p

ufff Mokoena i remember him he was from Southafrica a forward i had him in like 5 teams:D

Yeah him i wonder what happend to him....
Cherno Samba. :)

"He came to prominence when as a 13-year-old, he scored 132 goals in 32 games.

He was approached by various agents, but eventually signed school boy forms with Millwall, under the watchful gaze of coach/agent Harry Gerber. His prolific form continued, and he was allowed to talk to other clubs by Millwall - both Manchester United and Liverpool showed interest, but Millwall turned down Liverpool's £1.5 million offer. In return, Millwall agreed a contract, whereby he was guaranteed two-years of football at senior team level, on him signing full school boy forms. Due to make his Millwall debut on 22 February 2003, it never happened and he never fulfilled his promise, playing out his two professional years in the reserves.

In the summer of 2004, after being released when his Millwall career failed to take off as expected, he joined Spanish side Cádiz CF, and was then loaned out for season 2005–06 to Málaga CF B. Despite being a regular in the England Under-20 side, he was forgotten in Spain as a transfer target by British clubs.

He returned to English football after Ian Holloway signed him on a free on transfer deadline day, August 2006 for Plymouth Argyle, signing him to a two year contract. Samba made his Football League debut on 30 September 2006 as a second half substitute (74th minute) at the Ricoh Arena against Coventry City, and within eight minutes he scored his first League goal in a 1–0 win for Argyle.

In January 2007, he joined Wrexham on loan for a month, with the option to extend to the end of the season. After three appearances totalling 88 minutes, with all matches resulting in defeats, Samba returned to Plymouth on 26 February.

Samba was transfer listed by Argyle manager Ian Holloway in July 2007, with Holloway stating "With the young strikers I've added this year, I can't see him breaking through". In August 2007, it was rumoured that Samba was on trial at Championship side Norwich City He was released by Argyle in December 2007.

On 8 August 2008, Samba signed an 18 month contract with Finnish side FC Haka, he was released from his contract in February 2009.

Since being released by FC Haka he spent time on trial with various English clubs including Swindon Town and in September 2009 at Portsmouth. In February 2010, he signed with Greek Second Division club Panetolikos F.C., after spending some time on trial with the team." - Wiki.

Sad really, sounds like if he had gone to United or Liverpool or been given a chance, he really could have been something.. :(

On FM06 Tony McMahon at Middlesbrough turned into a solid RB. They had a young striker called Craddock too, think that was his name. Also had Fred as my ST for Boro, was amazing for me.

Andy Carroll was really good in FM08. Same with Briand. Sosnin used to be really good too. Ryan Bertrand used to develop into a really solid LB too. And a guy called Bruno Lopes.

Zidan on FM05 used to always be a solid buy but isn't as good on newer games.

It's fun thinking back over old teams :D

Archived