A question about Portsmouth?

This isnt a dig, a moan or a groan. Just a question that randomly popped into my head at work today. I was gonna ask the lady I was talking to, but I think as she was Polish, she may not be a Portsmouth fan, or not really give a poo.

If Portsmouth go bust, BEFORE the new patch is released, what will happen to them on the game? As most people know, when SI release a data update, they tend to always just add the new players to the clubs for the start of the season (rightly or wrongly...but thats for a different discussion), so going on this, it kinda screws the logic that we have the most comprehensive database, when dates and players dont match etc. Will Portsmouth be taken out of the Premier League, as obviously if they go bust, all player contracts will be null and void. So technically they will be Free transfers.

How will this work??

Any ideas?

Ideally, they will do their best to replicate real life. So whatever happens IRL is what would probably happen in game. Having said that, I believe that the data may be finalised already, so we'll probably still have Pompey in the game either way.

An interesting question, as a Southampton fan I hope they don't go out of business, no joke there either.

As for the game, I assume that whatever happens irl will be reflected in-game as much as possible. I'm not sure how that would effect a new game tho.

If the data is final, then fair enough. I mean too many threads and people asking when new patch is out etc, etc. Just if the game date is July 09, yet all the Jan 10 transfer's are at the "right" clubs, BUT Portsmouth have been deleted, it just gonna be even more confusingly "incorrect". Aint it?

If the data is final, then fair enough. I mean too many threads and people asking when new patch is out etc, etc. Just if the game date is July 09, yet all the Jan 10 transfer's are at the "right" clubs, BUT Portsmouth have been deleted, it just gonna be even more confusingly "incorrect". Aint it?

Yes, but there has to be a cut off point somewhere I guess.

Rugby? Which part?

Pretty much the point I was trying to make aswell.

I guess the easiest way to do it from a start-of-season perspective is to have them out from the start of a new game.

Yes, but there has to be a cut off point somewhere I guess.

Rugby? Which part?

Have to agree. Needs to cut off somewhere otherwise we would never get 10.3!!!

But just think how gutted you will be if you lose to Portsmouth and lose the FA Cup or miss out on a Champions League place?!? lol

Live near the town centre/train station way. Nice to see another Rugbian on here.

Pretty much the point I was trying to make aswell.

I guess the easiest way to do it from a start-of-season perspective is to have them out from the start of a new game.

But then it's not "true to life" is it? I mean they did exist in July 09...maybe heavily in debt??? REALLY heavily in debt.

Fingers crossed they dont go out of business tho. It would be a loss.

But then it's not "true to life" is it? I mean they did exist in July 09...maybe heavily in debt??? REALLY heavily in debt.

Fingers crossed they dont go out of business tho. It would be a loss.

Yes they did, but if you set it in the database that they go out of business on x date, then there would be no point in managing them. Thats why I said the easiest way would be to do it that way. :)

Have to agree. Needs to cut off somewhere otherwise we would never get 10.3!!!

But just think how gutted you will be if you lose to Portsmouth and lose the FA Cup or miss out on a Champions League place?!? lol

Live near the town centre/train station way. Nice to see another Rugbian on here.

I live here, I'm not a Rugbian!!!!!! :p:D

Hope they stay. Good support, and they play better football than most bottom-half Premier League teams these days. People say football needs a lesson, but I feel that it has gone far enough and the Premier League would change things even if they somehow survive by the skins of their teeth.

Yes they did, but if you set it in the database that they go out of business on x date, then there would be no point in managing them. Thats why I said the easiest way would be to do it that way. :)

By heavily in debt, I mean MASSIVE debt!

The kind that in reality you have no chance of paying off, unless you get taken over. It's a fairly open secret that the "new" owner wants to sell, so that should be easy to code. No?

I really didnt think this through did I?? I'm kinda answering my own questions!

Hope they stay. Good support, and they play better football than most bottom-half Premier League teams these days. People say football needs a lesson, but I feel that it has gone far enough and the Premier League would change things even if they somehow survive by the skins of their teeth.

Not sure the Premier League CAN change. To much power for clubs...no good leadership. Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but MLS have it right. Wage Cap anyone? I know it's not all down to wages Portsmouth in this mess, but it cant have helped can it?

Archived