Top Scorer in Two Leagues?

So I'm playing as Valencia, and last season I was taken over by a tycoon who upgraded my youth facilities & academy to "state of the art" and gave me a 122 million transfer budget. After plugging a couple of holes and grabbing a few cover players, I realized that I still had a ton of money left over; rather than just let it sit there, I decided to blow it all on expensive youth players and use the rest to supplement my wage bill.

Now, the season prior (before the tycoon), I set Nottingham Forest up as a feeder club; since I now have too many youth players to realistically give game time to, I started sending the really promising ones out on loan. One of the players I bought was a 16-year old striker regen named Wayne Johnson; I sent him and a centerback over to Forest for the season to get some first-team experience.

Since his arrival, Johnson's pretty much lighting the world on fire for Forest; in fact, he's two goals off the pace for the top scorer in the Championship. I've also got a decent shot at making one of my other three strikers the highest scorer in La Liga...which would mean that I'd have the top scorers from two leagues contracted to Valencia.

My goal is to get Forest promoted next season; it's a selfish goal, because I want them to be playing in the Premiership so that my kids will get the most competitive first-team action possible, but I also want to see if I can loan so many players to a club that they're effectively the English Valencia. If I can make that work, then I'd move on to France and...wherever else I have feeder clubs. That way, the insane amounts of money won't be game-killing; they'll be liberating, as I can buy a midfielder for Forest, buy a right back for France, etc., etc.

Anyone else have this kind of fun with feeder clubs?

i cant say i have done that tbh, the most ive done with feeder clubs is sign a load of brazillian regens and sent them all to basingstoke fc, when i was a feeder club with Reading, basingstoke go promoted two consecutive seasons :D they are now pushing for a spot in league 2

i cant say i have done that tbh, the most ive done with feeder clubs is sign a load of brazillian regens and sent them all to basingstoke fc, when i was a feeder club with Reading, basingstoke go promoted two consecutive seasons :D they are now pushing for a spot in league 2

really? because i normally find they wont even bother considering lower league clubs like that.. even my most promising regens sometimes reject championship clubs. ( im benfica)

I don't think a team within the same league as another will remain linked. When Birmingham City (my feeder, as Chelsea) got promoted in 2013 or something like that, they immediately terminated the link. It might even be some sort of rule..cause it didn't say anything about Birmingham making the decision, it just said "Birmingham City's link with Chelsea has ended, as they are now in the same division."

I don't think a team within the same league as another will remain linked. When Birmingham City (my feeder, as Chelsea) got promoted in 2013 or something like that, they immediately terminated the link. It might even be some sort of rule..cause it didn't say anything about Birmingham making the decision, it just said "Birmingham City's link with Chelsea has ended, as they are now in the same division."

and your point here does not relate to the OP anyway, seeing as his main team is valencia (SPANISH) and his feeder club is nottingham forrest (ENGLISH) so they WONT be in the same league

and your point here does not relate to the OP anyway, seeing as his main team is valencia (SPANISH) and his feeder club is nottingham forrest (ENGLISH) so they WONT be in the same league

Eh my bad, I saw Premiership and Championship and immediately associated it with my experience and made a false assumption.

My youth players are refusing to go on loan to my feeder clubs...

Fine, I see how Randers, Norwich, Sundsvall and Sandnes Ulf aren't the fanciest clubs on earth, but I'd rather have some first team action there than being the leading star in Norwegian U19 league. Or in the Reserve Team.

How can I persuade the 9th striker of the team to accept a move on loan?

However my players usually top the goalscorer list in Premier Division, Second Division (Reserve Team) and U19 League... Same country, but three Top Scorers.

sorry to burst your bubble mate, but once the Forest are in the EPL they will drop you quicker than a red headed orphan.

I'd be hoping they don't get promoted mate!

Maybe, maybe not; my French feeder (USBCO, or something like that) got promoted to Ligue 1 and kept me around.

Either way, promotion's at least a year away for them; my two players are apparently there only two halfway decent ones. In fact, if I recall them from their loan, they might end up getting relegated; they're in 19th right now as it is.

Archived