Throwing Away An Award ???

I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else in FM, was in March or April or something in the third season with Pompy, 1 point clear at the top but playing Liverpool who were in second, as the game was to be the first match of the month and I had just been awarded manager of the month I receive news saying that I had thrown the award away as I believed in the curse of the manager of the month and that I believed that it would jinx me, I will try and see if its still in my inbox but just wondering if this a regular thing or just isolated as to put pressure on your team when playing a big team fighting for the league title??

Ive looked for screenshots that I thought that I saved but I didn't, im nearly certain that it said thrown away, maybe someone from SI can back me up on this??? I did not get a chance to respond to any media or was not prompted to decline or throw away the award, I thought it was bizarre, if it was to add pressure on me it did not work as I won 4-0 though

seeing as it mentions something about a curse with the manager lossing the following match after winning it, how about checking who has won it the last few months and checking there next match results after they won it, i personnally think you will find that they maybe the last 3 or so managers that have won it would have lost there next matches.

hope this make sence. lol

Archived