Less coaches in year 2 - fix it SI please

doc_

To make a long story short, I started in Grasshoppers (out of League Europa) with 9 coaches and -3 million, finished 3rd, won the cup, was 2nd best coach of the year, had a profit of 25 million and was going to redevelop my coaching team in order to make a run for the championship. To my surprise in the 2nd year I could only have 6 coaches in the club, so I had to stick to those. But things got worse; a few clubs came around and started to hire them, so, in the end, I lost 3 of them and, since 9-3=6, I still couldn't hire anyone!!!

Now, I understand how the game works - the more the clubs reputation, the more coaches. But, according to my results, I had better reputation in the 2nd year than I started with, so why can't I hire more? Or at least stay with 9 of the 1st year?...

And I really don't think that there should be a limit to the number of coaches/physios/scouts. If I have the money why can't I have as many coaches as I want? It's ok to have up to 99 players but no more then 12 (my top ever) for training? And 2 physios for all of them?

Fix this SI, please.

i know a little cheat, offer all your coaches assistant manager jobs, you can then hire more coaches once these are in place reoffer the coach positions to assisant managers and you got your coaches, i had 12 coaches at gainsborough by doin this. :)

Doubt this will work at bigger clubs since once they have a better job they are unlikely to want to be demoted.

I agree with you.

IMO the game should have a wage budget for staff instead of the current system.

Yes, I agree with this idea. Although if you had the board taking care of this it would make more sense. A Director of Football should take care of this where one is present, otherwise the board should do it. A manager IRL rarely decides how much is allocated to staff.

Especially since at some clubs, you get in and there's like 20 coaches. Of which 16 obviously is rubbish or atleast way below the quality you want/need. But the board, due to reputation, only allow you to have 6 coaches. So you have to fire 16 and then you can hire... 2. Makes you kinda wonder what kind of illusionist that managed to make them hire 20 in the first place. :|

Archived