Loan problem: My feeder teams don't play any matches

I usually like to send my young players out on loan to sides in the higher leagues, but this season I sent a few of my Milan youth players on loan to my feeder clubs, which include Cremonese and Padova. I'm a couple of months into the season, and decided to check how many games my players were getting, and how they were performing, but to my annoyance, they aren't playing any games because neither of those clubs have any games scheduled. They are therefore rotting away at "severely lacking in match fitness" levels, and I can't even recall them from the loan at this point.

Why is this happening? Is it because I only have Serie A loaded, and not Serie B, where these teams started in the game? I don't care if I see no detail about the games those teams are playing, but I do want to know that my players are getting games, and what their average ratings are. When I click on each club, there is no indication of what league they should be playing in.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i have the same problem, it renders feeder clubs useless if you cant loan them to lower leagues, i have a decent laptop but i wouldnt run a bunch of random lower leagues just to loan some youngsters out.

I'm in the same position.

Considering I only loaded the top divisions from Italy, Spain, and England, I don't think I've much chance of bringing these youngsters to their potential. I already play as many reserve and Under-20 matches as possible.

I've sent players on loan to clubs who appear to have no scheduled games, and they've still played.

Always make sure that the loan offer says that 'the player will become a valuable member of the first team', if you want them to play regularly.

I have a similar problem as the OP. I know some league play games, even if they are not active, with stats getting generated and players getting matches. However, some other leagues that are not active do not do this. To me they both look the same, in that they are leagues that are not loaded, and have no fixtures showing, so why would some teams get stats and imaginary matches, and some not?

I've just looked at some of the other players I've sent on loan (not to my feeder clubs). One is at St. Gallen, and although St. Gallen don't have any fixtures when I look at them in the club page, my player has played 10 league matches.

I suppose it is possible that my players just aren't getting picked for these games (games which FM provides no proof of), but that's also kinda hard to believe since one of my loaned-out players, valued at £4m, can't get in the team ahead of a player valued at £70k. Value may not mean a whole lot, but it's still odd.

Value is usually also determined by what club the player is playing for. So a player playing for Milan would get his value hyped up comparing to a Serie B player, so I wouldnt depend too much on it. Its probably like the others say, ur players are not good enough to be played at their loan clubs.

Teams who aren't in "active leagues" have matches simulated in order to allow players to have games in their career stats as well as player development, as stated, if your players have no matches, it probably means they aren't good enough to be in the first team

If sending to a feeder club, also look at their squad first. If your 17 year old goalkeeper is worse than the two they have - he won't play.

Though i sometimes think it's good to send a player on loan to a big club, even of they don't play, because of the training he'll get. I sent my young Russian keeper on loan to Real Madrid from Spartak Moscow, and his attributes improved quite a bit. More than i think they would have if he'd played 40 games for Luch Energia or someone.

i always send my players to teams that will play them, i usually check the players who are already at the club to see their chances and also see if say they will be a first teamer, i sent one or two of my players to watford from Arsenal and nobody played any games, not my players or anyone elses. i only load top tier in the england, italy and spanish leagues. i can understand people saying i should of checked before hand but unless they have a feeder club in the premier league, serie A or premier liga, what is the point? its not something im so angry about that ill stop playing FM, its just something me and quite a few people are curious about.

im all patched up friend. and i agree with Magnakai, they will still play in europe, it would be nice to have the lesser clubs play games without loading the leagues even it does sound a bit unreasonable, like the OP said, i dont care about the detail level either, kudos to EVH5150 for bringing up this issue.

Funny how some people have the problem and others don't. Maybe it depends what league you're in, but i've never had the problem in England, Spain, Russia or France which are the leagues i've played on this game. And sending them abroad has always worked too.

They're probably just not playing. Players in leagues you're not running still get generated league stats, and have done for a few versions at least. Depending on what they're like, they won't automatically play just because they're from A.C. Milan, especially just 1 level down.

Edit - Upon looking further Im now noticing entire teams that arent actually having league matches simulated like they should, this appears to be happening within League Structures where the higher leagues are active, but once a team falls out of the active leagues, they are no longer having league matches simulated (Even if falling into an inactive league that is present in the database)

So on my save, it is working like so

Any team in a country with no active leagues will have league matches simulated

A team inside an inactive but whose country has active leagues running will have zero league matches simulated

This is quite worrying if Im honest

Original -

Teams who aren't in "active leagues" have matches simulated in order to allow players to have games in their career stats as well as player development, as stated, if your players have no matches, it probably means they aren't good enough to be in the first team

This has been the case for several versions of the game, it was brought in for people who were usually loading very few leagues and thus making continental competition far too easy for teams in active leagues

If you are finding teams with no contracted players having any games at any point when they should be (referring to league games, not active cup competitions), then its possible you are experiencing a bug within the game mechanics

Ive just loaded my game up, and looked at my only loanee in a completely non-active league system (Israel), and he has played 10 domestic games (9 league, 1 cup) upto the beginning of December

Edit - Upon looking further Im now noticing entire teams that arent actually having league matches simulated like they should, this appears to be happening within League Structures where the higher leagues are active, but once a team falls out of the active leagues, they are no longer having league matches simulated (Even if falling into an inactive league that is present in the database)

So on my save, it is working like so

Any team in a country with no active leagues will have league matches simulated

A team inside an inactive but whose country has active leagues running will have zero league matches simulated

This is quite worrying if Im honest

Original -

This has been the case for several versions of the game, it was brought in for people who were usually loading very few leagues and thus making continental competition far too easy for teams in active leagues

If you are finding teams with no contracted players having any games at any point when they should be (referring to league games, not active cup competitions), then its possible you are experiencing a bug within the game mechanics

Ive just loaded my game up, and looked at my only loanee in a completely non-active league system (Israel), and he has played 10 domestic games (9 league, 1 cup) upto the beginning of December

Are you sure? My Espanyol "B" team is in a non-active division and player stats show activity even though there aren't any games on the schedule. The same thing happened when I was running a club in Portugal and loaned out players to the inactive lower leagues.

I've never had this problem. I've played games with only the EPL / Championship listed, sent players to a feeder club in the Blue Square Premier and they still played a lot of matches. Sending them abroad, same thing (and yes, they played league matches, not European matches).

I've never had this problem. I've played games with only the EPL / Championship listed, sent players to a feeder club in the Blue Square Premier and they still played a lot of matches. Sending them abroad, same thing (and yes, they played league matches, not European matches).

same as above even though club only seems to play pre season/cup games:confused:

my loan players come back having played lots of games:thup:

OP - This is also happening to me. i started with a club in the BSP and am now promoted up to League 2. I have 3 feeder clubs now in the BSS and BSN (Which were not selected as active leagues). They played teh first season in those leagues, but every season after that they have stopped playing any league games.

I have checked all the players on the lower league teams to see if they were playing any games, but all they have is cup games recorded... What happened, did the leagues cease to exist???

Its very frustrating, because I want to send my players out on loan, but they do absolutely nothing but cup games.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it???

I've sent players on loan to clubs who appear to have no scheduled games, and they've still played.

Always make sure that the loan offer says that 'the player will become a valuable member of the first team', if you want them to play regularly.

Huh, well I've come accross, should open my eyes next time. Thanks for that nice little tip. Even if this fairly obvious. :)

They could fix I would think, by a in game pop up message appearing if it is an issue, that is.

Let's assume you've loaded the leagues you have wanted to play with. But. you loan player(s) to leagues that you've not loaded, so the game won't erm... Query the game database for a league not selected. So message would pop up to warn you:-

"Are you sure that you want to loan X player, as the league isn't playable." .... "It is likely they won't play any games in a non-playble league"

I hope I am mistaken, if so what's the fix? :/

They could fix I would think, by a in game pop up message appearing if it is an issue, that is.

Let's assume you've loaded the leagues you have wanted to play with. But. you loan player(s) to leagues that you've not loaded, so the game won't erm... Query the game database for a league not selected. So message would pop up to warn you:-

"Are you sure that you want to loan X player, as the league isn't playable." .... "It is likely they won't play any games in a non-playble league"

I hope I am mistaken, if so what's the fix? :/

that's not the problem though. even if a league is unplayable and has no league fixtures listed, they will play hidden fixtures, except in certain particular cases (like reserve teams of French teams if you don't have the CFA loaded).

this seems to be either an isolated bug, or what other people are suggesting which is that the players just aren't getting selected.

thats completely true.

[Quote:

Originally Posted by jim82

That is not the issue.

I send player on loan all the time to clubs and make sure they are a valuable player of the first team, etc.

The problem is that clubs in lower divisions are not playing league games. They are only playing cup games.

As Ugen64 said, even if a league is unplayable and has no league fixtures listed, they will play hidden fixtures. The leagues simulate results that we the player cannot see. As such, the players will have played games and scored goals and have rating, etc. I check all active players on the clubs in the lower divisions and none play games except cup games.

There is an obvious bug here. This has never happened to me in previous versions of FM.

For some reason, the leagues have stopped simulating results and that means all the lower league club players are all listed as Severely lacking in match fitness. Including my loaned out player who is better than all players on the club and starts all of the cup matches.

So, can a developer or someone who knows whats going on help?

I agree that a bug has popped up for some of us in the form of our games have stopped processing some inactive teams

Has anyone who is experiencing this noticed any patterns like mine? Where teams below active leagues arent processing, but teams in complete non-active nation they still are

Archived