I ruined Rooney's career

I posted this someplace else but an achievement like that must be shared here as well I'm sure you will agree. So:

I bought Rooney for 90 mil. in my At.Madrid game and it flopped badly

I bought him when he was 28. Immediately after I was hired and planned to make a killer team. I put him as captain right away too.All this flopped badly as he became unsettled with the life in Spain, player poorly, most of the players couldn't motivate themselves to play with him as captain. I therefore changed captaincy.. and since then he is mad about this (check screens). And is not letting go of that problem :o I mean come on 2+ years and he is still ****ed off about the captaincy ?

What can I do? By looking at his stats and everything is there any use keeping him around? I tried to loan him for 6 months at Juventus but he broke ankle there and almost didnt play :D It's new season now he of course is still angry about removed from captaincy and I loaned him to Juve with 9mil. buy clause :(

So yeah.. I really destroyed his career didn't I :D

Any suggestions most welcome!

Here are the screenshots:

Stats

http://i48.tinypic.com/10ghich.png

Personal

http://i50.tinypic.com/addht5.png

History

http://i47.tinypic.com/294nyh1.png

Way to much to spend on any player...for what you paid I got Sakho, Dzeko, Gourcuff, and Rodwell, so essentially a spine of near world-class players, instead of 1 world-class player who has peaked and will be on the decline in a few years.

IRL, last month with the rumors about Utd needing to sell Rooney for cash, he even said something along the lines of, "Could you ever see me playing in Spain?" Guess the game reflects this.

Crazy money for goaless striker tbf, but that is not what is in question here.

I have never had issues with Rooney being tempremental and such, must just be Spanish life for him.

I never have probs with Roons. He scores on average aboot 30-40 goals per season for me. You must be using the wrong tactics or not using the right Press Conference options and/or team talk options.

Hahah, 'not using the right Press Conference options and/or team talk options'. That's the problem with the game right there, when someone suggests you are clicking the wrong press conference buttons in response to why your player is playing crap.

2+ years of 'sit' is just ridiculous, i doubt it's your problem mate, obviously a flaw in the game.

2+ years of 'sit' is just ridiculous, i doubt it's your problem mate, obviously a flaw in the game.

Personally, I think this is one of the game's better features. Anyone can bunch together a load of decent players, it's how you manage these players that determines what happens on the field.

In my save with Man Utd, Rooney isn't great. Am in the 2015/2016 season and while he has been top scorer for two seasons, his general performances have not been great.

let the game run to check my all Ireland nation edit file for crashes;)

and rooney became Utd/England captain after world cup:thup:

aged 34 he overtook shearer as all time prem scorer.............and had something like 120 caps/60 goals..............which would be top scorer there too, I think

It's true I got over-excited about signing him and the fact that Man Utd were willing to sell just pumped me up and didn't really do any careful research :D It was a very tough period my 1st season with At.Madrid (i was in a low national division team before that for 5 years). So when I got there I had to sell most of the players who were 34-35 or just crap signings of the previous manager, sack all the staff, assign all new guys and build a new team. And u know that there's not really enough time to do all this in addition to scouting players just in the transfer window. So everything was hastily done - But I say 3rd place and CL final were a decent result :D

The real brilliant signing came when I got David Villa for 3.4 mill. and he scored 39 goals next season becoming At.Madrid's top league goalscorer in addition to winning some international awards.. at the age of 34 :D

It's true I got over-excited about signing him and the fact that Man Utd were willing to sell just pumped me up and didn't really do any careful research :D It was a very tough period my 1st season with At.Madrid (i was in a low national division team before that for 5 years). So when I got there I had to sell most of the players who were 34-35 or just crap signings of the previous manager, sack all the staff, assign all new guys and build a new team. And u know that there's not really enough time to do all this in addition to scouting players just in the transfer window. So everything was hastily done - But I say 3rd place and CL final were a decent result

The real brilliant signing came when I got David Villa for 3.4 mill. and he scored 39 goals next season becoming At.Madrid's top league goalscorer in addition to winning some international awards.. at the age of 34 :D

bargain for villa even at 34:thup:

he is a class act FM and for real...............he is a player I would want in my team;)

Well you ruined it yourself, it's a terrible idea to make a new signing captain, especially when he can't even speak the language, you should know that :p I only change captains when I know he won't be playing most matches anymore. Never ever had problems with captaincy, it's just common sense that some people seem to miss ;)

Well I didn't knew this, actually haven't thought of that.. I was just over-excited of the magical trio to be - Dzeko Rooney Aguero. So I put together something as a dream team.

As for the signings why would you say 90mil. is big for any player? How do you get them at reasonable price if the club doesn't want to sell? Right now I'm trying to get Paloschi but Tottenham want 143 mil x_X

Irl, didn't Beckham struggle with Spanish whilst over there. Some people find learning languages easy others don't.

On a different point tho, he's goal scoring ratio is surprisingly poor. Wait and see what he's like in the next game tho, after the season he's having now.

Well I didn't knew this, actually haven't thought of that.. I was just over-excited of the magical trio to be - Dzeko Rooney Aguero. So I put together something as a dream team.

As for the signings why would you say 90mil. is big for any player? How do you get them at reasonable price if the club doesn't want to sell? Right now I'm trying to get Paloschi but Tottenham want 143 mil x_X

That's insane, but I always have to pay at least 45mil for any real great player (50 for Modric and Moussa Sissoko in the first 3 seasons, for Dzeko I had to pay 45mil when he was 27 years old). 70 mil is the biggest amount I ever paid in any FM game, and that was because he was perfect and because I could :D

Irl, didn't Beckham struggle with Spanish whilst over there. Some people find learning languages easy others don't.

On a different point tho, he's goal scoring ratio is surprisingly poor. Wait and see what he's like in the next game tho, after the season he's having now.

The reason Beckham didn't learn Spanish has nothing to do with some people struggling with languages etc. It comes down to basic intelligence.

IRL Beckham is not intelligent and could probably never speak another language because the only thing Beckham knows how to do is kick a ball onto the head of pin.

I reckon the same would happen IRL with him, he's too English and would probably not settle with the lifestyle in Spain.

It's nothing to do with being "too Engilsh", whatever that means? He's just not intelligent enough IRL to pick up a new language. If you ever listen to him in press conferences IRL he can barely string a sentence together IRL.

Yet these two players are probably the most intelligent footballers on a football pitch. They may not be the brightest or be able to speak their native language correctly, but they know how to speak the language of football better than most.

I think yous also havent realised that european goals and cup goals down show up in the history. I signed aguero for AC milan in the second season for his release fee. When i looked into his history i noticed that his 10 goals in europe and his italian cup games were not included into the stats. Which in itself is a fault or bug of the game. I dont see how scoring the goals that take a team to a european final, something that wont get recorded?

I think yous also havent realised that european goals and cup goals down show up in the history. I signed aguero for AC milan in the second season for his release fee. When i looked into his history i noticed that his 10 goals in europe and his italian cup games were not included into the stats. Which in itself is a fault or bug of the game. I dont see how scoring the goals that take a team to a european final, something that wont get recorded?

Of course his cup and Euro history is there, it just doesn't show up on the overview which is about the league record. No bug, you just have to open your eyes.

Interesting his international record is an outstanding goal every other game.

Is he still playing and scoring for England??

Yes he is! And he does score for England. :( can't do the same for me though, I'm hoping juventus buy him at the end of the loan :D

As for the englishness I'm really not very knowledgable but I do love Hugh Laurie in Black Adder :D

Yes he is! And he does score for England. :( can't do the same for me though, I'm hoping juventus buy him at the end of the loan :D

As for the englishness I'm really not very knowledgable but I do love Hugh Laurie in Black Adder :D

Maybe attend one of the AI England games and see how they play him??

Might give you a few pointers.

@crouchaldinho

Yeah that's it the Prince of Wales, but in later seasons as well :D

@jackripper

Unfortunately now that he turned 35 seems to struggle a lot with scoring especially on one on ones. Last season when he was in such positions I always knew it's a 100% goal. Now it's just embarrassing.

@Richard76

It's too late mate - He is on one year loan since the start of the season at Juventus with the option to buy him for 9mil. Now they didn't go for it on the January transfer window but I'm pretty sure they will try in the summer. And he is 31 already.

I'd just say good riddance, I got a 24 years old striker from Palmeiras - Wellington Silva who is doing an amazing job so far in the few matches he played. (not a regen though).

The reason Beckham didn't learn Spanish has nothing to do with some people struggling with languages etc. It comes down to basic intelligence.

IRL Beckham is not intelligent and could probably never speak another language because the only thing Beckham knows how to do is kick a ball onto the head of pin.

Don't forget he was probably too busy banging the woman who was teaching him Spanish

:D

Didn't Beckham call the Linesman's mum a whore in his 10th game or something.....That's quite advanced, probably all he knew at the time and the rest of the Madrid team probably told him it meant something different just for a laugh

You could probably sign up his little brother John for 50 mil and see if he's any better :) I'm sure Macclesfield could use the cash :)

I'll sing it to you then:

You're so witty, oh so witty

you're so witty and pretty and briiight

It's a pity, that his brother has already resigned :D

But yeah I know I wasted a lot of cash on him (and learned from that mistake already). Thanks for letting me know it's his brother, I was wondering tried to click on him but never worked I guess he didn't load as I don't use many leagues in the database or maybe retired already.

Archived