Facility upgrades while stadium is being built?

Hey guys, I've got a question for you.

I began asking for an upgrade to both facilities about 6 months before our promotion and they were always very positive and told me they'd get to it. As soon as the board heard about our promotion, they decided to build a new stadium as the current one (only 2500 non-seater) has been way too small for the highest Austrian league.

Their announcement called for a construction that takes two years to the day and ever since, nothing was ever done in regards to facility upgrades. When I continued asking for upgrades again, a few months into the next season, I experienced the same positive answers from the board with an affirmative on upgrades. We're now only a few weeks short of moving into the new and larger stadium and in those two years I've asked at least half a dozen times for upgrades and nothing has ever been accomplished. Although they always answer me in the affirmative - and I certainly have plenty of money for it - the answer to my board request is the only thing that ever comes from it. What is worse is that I should have received some "don't annoy us, it's already being done" messages, which I can remember having read in earlier saves.

Now I'm playing in the highest Austrian league with basic facilities and I won't ever be successful without a long-term plan based on good players from my youth team, because getting a team from a small European country to become competitive in international tournaments takes plenty of money (from youth deals). I also suspect that bad facilities cause a negative influence on new signings, because players I've sold have noted repeatedly that they're much happier with a club that owns better training facilities.

Has anything of the sort happened to you as well? Or the other way around, has anyone successfully upgraded any facilities while a stadium was being built? I'd be interested to know if it was just me, my stubborn club, if this is a known issue, a bug or maybe even wanted this way? I for one can't understand why the board keeps forgetting about those upgrades.

Archived