Can I transfer a patch from one computer to another?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

Download the patch to a memory stick. Bob's your uncle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob is not my uncle...Not after what he did...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jdc747:

it doesn't matter if you don't have bittorrent on the laptop as long as you transfer it over on a usb pen or something, cds didn't work for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cd part prob didnt work as you proberbly only coppied the shortcut as it worked for me the 2nd time as i coppied only the shortcut 1st time actually copy the file you downloaded to disc then install on comp then run it

I have done this myself, all you have to do is copy the extracted file ,you downloaded to patch the game up, onto the memory stick and then put the memory stick in your laptop and doubble click on the file and it will update the game. The file should be called fm2008_802_boxed-pc or something like that.

If you have a big enough memory stick, you can copy the entire FM folder from Program Files to the laptop. FM doesnt seem to rely on registry hooks or anything to get it running.

So just zip up the FM folder, copy the file to memory stick or a CD, and unzip it on the laptop. Then just go into the extracted FM folder, double-click FM.exe and this time, bob should be your uncle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

Bob is not my uncle...Not after what he did... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scary poo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

Bob is not my uncle...Not after what he did... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scary poo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's all part of growing up.

Archived