Stadium Expansion

I'm with Getafe in my fourth season, and want the board to expand my stadium. Last season they expanded to 25000 capacity, which I constantly filled out! This season I didn't spend any of my transfer budget, I thought that I might be able to persuade them to expand it more, but when i requested it they said that the local council would not give planning permission:(

Has this happened to anyone before? Am I likely to ever be able to expand my stadium more?

• 7 months later...

I presume that's aimed at me? The search button I used to find this thread in the first place, yes, and the scrolling function on my mouse that allowed me to navigate downwards and see your mundane post, yes. You do know there's a little "x" in the corner of your screen? try clicking it :)

On a lighter note look at this:

stadium.jpg

Wooohoooo! Currently in 2020 and this is the first time I have ever experienced a new stadium on any FM Manager game. :)

I presume that's aimed at me? The search button I used to find this thread in the first place, yes, and the scrolling function on my mouse that allowed me to navigate downwards and see your mundane post, yes. You do know there's a little "x" in the corner of your screen? try clicking it :)

Wooohoooo! Currently in 2020 and this is the first time I have ever experienced a new stadium on any FM Manager game. :)

£36 Million? Congrats thats by far the most expensive thing in Stalybridge LOL! Wonder where they found space to actually build it!!

I don't know why you make such a big thing from building the new stadium. Trust me, I sometimes don't even know how many fans are coming to my games. Does it really matters? As long as I do my job, frequently bring good performances, why should I care? I won't get rich if I will have 2000 fans more at each game. I'd rather use those millions for players than for a new stadium.

£36 Million? Congrats thats by far the most expensive thing in Stalybridge LOL! Wonder where they found space to actually build it!!

That's one HUGE loan! I think they're going to have to construct enormous stilts and have it overhanging the whole town :)

I don't know why you make such a big thing from building the new stadium. Trust me, I sometimes don't even know how many fans are coming to my games. Does it really matters? As long as I do my job, frequently bring good performances, why should I care? I won't get rich if I will have 2000 fans more at each game. I'd rather use those millions for players than for a new stadium.

When in the premiership with a 2,000 capacity stadium and 2 years away from a 25,000 capacity stadium, it matters. Quick progression in club stature you must accommodate for the demand and utilise the match-day income. It's blatantly obvious why a club would want to build a new stadium if they have the potential to exceed their current capacity my friend.

Great to see someone else playing as Stalybridge. It's been my fave save in FM10 and I might even throw together a club thread for it for FM11...

Yes :) My favourite as-well I wanted a local club to progress with. Not doing well in the premiership however - just put a striker in net by mistake mate =/

In my Arsenal save i'm in 2024 and we haven't had one expansion because of the lack of space. So i've kept on asking to try and get a new stadium out of them but have just noticed they have a stadium sponsor till 2031. Does this mean i have no chance of a new stadium till then?

Yes :) My favourite as-well I wanted a local club to progress with. Not doing well in the premiership however - just put a striker in net by mistake mate =/

Yeah, same here, Altrincham were actually closer to where I live but Stalybridge were a division lower so I went with them. It's taken me aaaages in this save (in real time) to get where I am, due to extensive scouting of players, but I've gone from Blue Square North in 09/10 season to Champions League football in 15/16 season. Looking forward to doing the same on FM11!

Yeah, same here, Altrincham were actually closer to where I live but Stalybridge were a division lower so I went with them. It's taken me aaaages in this save (in real time) to get where I am, due to extensive scouting of players, but I've gone from Blue Square North in 09/10 season to Champions League football in 15/16 season. Looking forward to doing the same on FM11!

Great mate that's some achievement :)

Archived