Number of Physios

I recently took the Inter job and although I've played FM for years and years, I've never really questioned the size of staff at the top clubs. Inter in my game have nine physios, all of whom are on fairly substantial wages. I guess the more physios a club has, the more attention injured players get. So is it really worth having so many physios at the expense of the wage bill in order to get injured players back quicker?

There is no real indication in-game, nor in the online manual, as to whether this is even true, let alone be worth it.

Any help on this issue would be great. Cheers.

im not to sure tbh, but i think it does.

If, for instance, you have several injured players, then having more physios will mean players get more attention rather than having just 1 for 5 players.

if that makes any sense

I had loads of physios at man city, i hated it fro some reason so i sacked a couple of local ones to get a good one, it wudnt let me. I sacked all of the physio's to sign this one good german one, and the board said "you don't need another physio" wtf :/

It surprises me how many questions like this are relatively unknown..I don't know the answer, but I have about 10 similar questions that really would be nice to have an answer for.

But I find it interesting that when I started my 2nd save as Chelsea, there were 4 physios (I believe) and the board said we only needed 3. So I had to fire 2 of them to sign 1. They all had 20 in physio and their secondary stats were all relatively equal, so it was basically the ones who accepted the lowest wage were the ones kept.

On fm09 I read a in game tip which read something like the better the physio the more accurate the guess about how long the player will be out.

Didn't say anything about the players recovering faster.

I think you are correct. I heard it was that the better the physio the more accurate they would be in determining the length of a players absence.

On fm09 I read a in game tip which read something like the better the physio the more accurate the guess about how long the player will be out.

Didn't say anything about the players recovering faster.

I didn't want to say it in fear of being wrong, but I read a few weeks ago that you only really need 1, and they are mainly just for time estimation, but if you don't have one your player can't be properly treated and cared for as well...so perhaps that is true, in my next save I'm going to try having just one and see how it works.

Most of the articles from ‘those in the know’ that I have read on here over the years indicate that better physios only improve the accuracy of estimated injury layoff times. Now this has always seemed a bit nonsensical to me, as surely the quality of physios should have some effect on actual injury time, even if only a minor one. There is a new thread over in ‘tactics and training’ from SFraser that goes into some more depth about various staff positions, including physios. SFraser also gives some other attributes that he believes have some impact on the overall quality of the staff member. Its definitely worth taking a look at.

Archived