im a regenist. does anyone else suffer from regenism?

i dont know what it is, but i just cant bring myself to sign the silly cartoon faced fools. im a regenist. i dont sign them. i dont care how good their stats are, theyre just not real. theyre like cylons. real players are best. regenism isnt a crime. its just how i am.

I rush through the early seasons so I don't have to play with real players.

Always turn the facegen off though, it's hideous and an immersion killer for me.

Scouting and unearthing an unknown newgen and gambling on him because you don't know truely how good his potential is is what gives this game excitement for me.

Surely, a largeish selection of real players's faces could be split into horizontal stripes, and then just randomized for the regens/newgens/freds.

They would then look more realistic than the scary buggers who are churned out atm, I can't ever imagine a regen atm going home to meet someone's mum and dad for the 1st time.

Surely, a largeish selection of real players's faces could be split into horizontal stripes, and then just randomized for the regens/newgens/freds.

They would then look more realistic than the scary buggers who are churned out atm, I can't ever imagine a regen atm going home to meet someone's mum and dad for the 1st time.

But then surely you'd just have lots if different shaded stripes?

I hear what your saying OP. Although not being a complete 'newgenist', It does bother me when I end up having more 'newgens' than real players. Maybe if they had more up to date graphics used for the 'newgen' faces instead of the ridiculously shabby graphics that are being used at the moment, it may not be so hard to accept the 'newgens' into our lands!

Down with cylons!

as soon as the regens take over.. i nearly always quit and start again.... the generated player system just isnt up to scratch... and is the only part of the game i feel SI have let us down with and havent really attempted to solve adequately.

regens are always much much better and much cheaper then real players.... seems pointless to carry on when my world class players in their peak and inferior to a youth product that i can pick up for pennies

I do prefer real players too, I never really get into real long term games normally as I like finding "real" hidden talents that come about after a a few seasons who start off young at the beginning but develop slowly. I get attached when my club produces them though I just don't like signing them until I have to

I'm the opposite, I don't like signing real players. I like to have the element of surprise with my players and enjoy the fact that no one else will have managed my players.

:thup:

Renewfredgens* are easier to love. :cool:

fwiw, I've always said "regen" but recently started using the Brock-approved "newgen". :D

For some reason, none of my regens have faces. It used to be that only the hair showed up, now nothing does -- I'm sure this is an issue that's been addressed but I fear it may slow down my computer even more if they do show up (although the game lags when clicking on any regen -- maybe it's because it can't find a face?). And furthermore, I'm afraid that if the faces do show up I'll discover that all my regens are really ugly. Ignorance is bliss.

Like TC ,regens to used to be my worst part of fm and when i reached the point when my game was full of regens,id almost quit.but now they are major part of why i play,imagine scouting the whole world to find an 18 yr old almost as good as rooney and for a bargain price.

Not really a newgenist but I cant stand their faces. They all look like they've been to Pandora and forgot the blue dye. So will try to sign one without a mugshot if possible.

Or just turn off the faces?

Please don't tell me you hunt around for newgens with no faces? :D

I actually like the newgen faces. I also prefer signing newgens because I don't know what their PA is. Often I don't sign real-existing players that look promising because I think 'If I haven't heard about him, his PA is probably not that high'.

I am not able to spot newgens ( i miss the way to do that ) but the average age of my team is 22 :)

After a promotion from league 1 to Championship I am now looking for Premier ( 3rd ! ) and my gems are increasing so quickly in their values that sooner or later I have to lobotomyze the chairman to prevent him from ruin the team climbing for success.

I am not able to spot newgens ( i miss the way to do that ) but the average age of my team is 22 :)

After a promotion from league 1 to Championship I am now looking for Premier ( 3rd ! ) and my gems are increasing so quickly in their values that sooner or later I have to lobotomyze the chairman to prevent him from ruin the team climbing for success.

If they have the funny faces that people mention, then they are newgens :)

Archived