Backroom advice??

I get alot of my staff suggesting that i should praise certain players, most of the time my assistant agrees but most of the time when i do it, my players say they are susprised/bemused at my praise, so why do they keep telling me to praise them?

And also, does anyone, adjust the sliders in the tactics, to go with your scouts report on the next team you face?

I did at 1st, i was constantly changing it for every match, but when i stopped out of boredom, it didnt seem to affect how i played against them.

I've just had that situation that I followed the assman in praising a player when my instincts told me he wasn't doing that great. The PR icon told me he felt he didn't have to do much to get my praise and morale dropped sharply.

Pre-teamtalk, I singled him out and told him "I expect a performance".

I got one - 2 goals and MoM. Job done!

Backroom advice can be a bit silly sometimes, such as telling me a certain player shouldn't be taking penalties when he has 18 penalty taking and has scored every penalty this season.

Or when your only half-way decent one has 14 and they come along and tell you he shouldn't be. Or worse the CB with 4 and the same composure and concentration as the current taker. That is a "Hulk Smash!" moment for me.

Archived