Cant get England Job for a second time.

I recently made a thread about how the legend status on the club information screen is removed after you have left a club who you've been very successful with.It also appears you are then hated by the club.This also seems to happen at International level.

I was offered the England job very early in my career,something which is perhaps a bit unrealistic considering i only had 3 seasons experience and all i had won was a championship title!

I accepted the England job but after 2 years decided i didn't like it and resigned.

20 seasons later I'm a much improved manager,more experienced,and ranked best English manager of all time.

England are struggling,failed to qualify for the World Cup after giving the job to an unknown manager,with no previous club history and very poor stats.

Obviously i want a second crack at the whip,but can i get the job?? not a chance in hell.

With FMRTE i can at least edit the club not hating me so much and improve my chances of being offered the job.At international level you cant seem to do this.

I've also tried a little test to save,re-load and see who gets the job.its the same manager every single time,a manager who has no previous experience!

Has anyone ever managed to get an International job offered to them after they have already had it?

Yes, I have. It was Brazil and I don't know if this affected anything, but I chose to start off managing them. I then got sacked after a few years, and about 20 years later (world class manager by now etc.) I applied for it again and was offered it.

That is true,and it that respect i guess it is realistic.

Just think the game needs to be fixed to when they give the job to someone who would never ever get it due to their stats and/or past experience.

It hurts to see England slipping down the world rankings in my game because of poor managers getting the job!

Maybe the FA are either being (a) too proud and not wanting to go back on one of their earlier decisions regardless of how good you now are, or (b) they think you might not be able to cut it at international level regardless of how good a club manager you are (the inverse of Scolari).

Of course, the game didn't think of either of these reasons but they could be realistic reasons IRL that such a thing could happen.

That is true,and it that respect i guess it is realistic.

Just think the game needs to be fixed to when they give the job to someone who would never ever get it due to their stats and/or past experience.

It hurts to see England slipping down the world rankings in my game because of poor managers getting the job!

That is another issue entirely. Weak management selection at International level is due to the weak AI within the game and is hampering possible improvements and addition to the game as a whole.

Archived