Biographies & Career History

I really like the new addition of biographies in the game; I have finally seen them properly as I have just started a game where I went on holiday until 2022. One thing that I have noticed is that when discussing career history it refers in number at least to league games not career games.

To demonstrate - Cesc Fabregas's bio says he's played 607 games for the club when he has actually played 722 including cup and european games. I accept that players with history before the first season may only be league but after that surely Cup and European games count towards a players history? Is there a reason SI limit it to just league? and if so shouldn;t the bio's state that the player has player x league games for the club?

I have long suggested that the player history tab have a filter to allow the user to define what they consider career because in my opinion limiting it to league games is wrong and usually ends up with players having 0 games for a season when transferred because they've played in the cup but not the league. I think its more grey to add in international appearances but I am sure people will have differing views - hence why a filter would be good as it would appease everyone!

its a shame us as managers dont have a biography

I'd like that aswell. I mean they can be done fore newgens so why not for a manager?

I also agree with the OP's point about career appearances. Something that can hopefully be extended to the player history page? At the moment we onlt get the league statistics which don't include cup goals of appearances. How about an overall record? Or at least a sepearte tab for cup appearances?

I agree. I'd love to be able to see career stats for all competitive games, especially in places like the biography. The best XI screen seems to be the only place that has the career total on it at the moment, I'd prefer to see this information in other places as well.

I agree. I'd love to be able to see career stats for all competitive games, especially in places like the biography. The best XI screen seems to be the only place that has the career total on it at the moment, I'd prefer to see this information in other places as well.

:thup: I mean surely if the info is already in the game then it must be easy to transfer it to other parts.

I agree firmly with the OP. We need the number of total games, all it would be is an extra column to be added to the coded sequence. Also a Manager biographby would be fab, it could have the most expensive signing and sale. That would be a great addition.

I agree firmly with the OP. We need the number of total games, all it would be is an extra column to be added to the coded sequence. Also a Manager biographby would be fab, it could have the most expensive signing and sale. That would be a great addition.

As well as trophies or highest league positions if you don't win a trophy, awards, reputation etc etc.

As well as trophies or highest league positions if you don't win a trophy, awards, reputation etc etc.

Yes, awards are not really covered now. I mean how many times have you won manager of the month? Or year? Its not really covered at present. Adding it to bio is an advantage. Also lets note how this feature has only been introduced and I can see no bugs in it, so bug free programming CAN be achieved.

Yes, awards are not really covered now. I mean how many times have you won manager of the month? Or year? Its not really covered at present. Adding it to bio is an advantage. Also lets note how this feature has only been introduced and I can see no bugs in it, so bug free programming CAN be achieved.

Let's not go down this route ;)

But seeing as you did, I'm sure programming such a tiny addition can be achieved without bugs, especially when it is only relaying information already in the game.

The game as a whole is a bit bigger programming wise than just a few links of texts to relay one bit of information to another.

The career stats in all competitions is something I have wanted for years. It seems to me like something SI know they should include, but only like to add certain OBVIOUS features a couple at a time. In my pessimistic mind it seems like they purposely leave out obvious things, so that they know for sure they will have something new to add to the game in future versions.............

The career stats in all competitions is something I have wanted for years. It seems to me like something SI know they should include, but only like to add certain OBVIOUS features a couple at a time. In my pessimistic mind it seems like they purposely leave out obvious things, so that they know for sure they will have something new to add to the game in future versions.............

I seriously doubt that they're ever going to announce career stats in all competitions as their big new feature for the next year's FM. I think it's more likely that they just don't want to do the tedious re-coding for a part of the game that functions perfectly.

Archived