So what would you do ?

Saved the game routinely, next match, was 1-0 down after 22 mins when game crashed.

The perfectionist in me says that when I reloaded back up, I should try to give them their 1-0 lead back (by putting all my men in attack and no defenders etc) then change things around again back to normal. And try to win from there.

But on other hand, lady luck says I should just reload back in and take what comes. Which I did and won 1 nil, but I'm not 100% sure it was the 'correct call'.

What do others think ?

Just leave it alone and let it be. You could argue that lady luck spat in your face when she crashed your game. And that if you put all your defenders in attack and let the other team score, it could damage your team's match stats and the motivation will drop and lead to a bad result anyways. If I were you I'd let myself away with it, but I'm very tired right now

When its happened to me before, I treat it as an abandoned match, so yes, start again at 0-0, regardless of the crashed score.

Ah thx V much. Yes, I can rest easy with an 'abandonment'. They happen IRL but as far as I am aware, not in game. Th4 will treat any crashed games as being the ME's way of saying the match was abandoned. :thup:

Maybe 'abandonments' can be programmed into future versions.

Ah thx V much. Yes, I can rest easy with an 'abandonment'. They happen IRL but as far as I am aware, not in game. Th4 will treat any crashed games as being the ME's way of saying the match was abandoned. :thup:

Maybe 'abandonments' can be programmed into future versions.

Abandonments and postponements are already in the game.

I know they happen in real life but do they happen in FM?

Or is that what you meant?

No, the hail stones were irl. :(

Match cancellations happen in the game, usually due to water logged pitches, which only happen at lower league clubs, as they don't have undersoil heating.

I've never seen a match abandoned half way through the game though... in the game. ;)

No, the hail stones were irl. :(

Match cancellations happen in the game, usually due to water logged pitches, which only happen at lower league clubs, as they don't have undersoil heating.

I've never seen a match abandoned half way through the game though... in the game. ;)

I knew all that, which is why I was questioning it. I didn't think match abandonments were in the game, I was surprised to hear that they were.

Archived