Well Done SI

You've outdone yourself on creating what is probably the worst football game in history, the old ones were hard but not impossible when you were a poor team, but when you make it so with no formation or tactics i can win a game, ive played 12 drawn 1 tried numerous formations tactics line ups etc. it ridiculous it doesnt happen in real life so when you get a minute SI make a good game.

All this criticism yet no evidence to back it up. I think when you get a minute, actually give the game a chance instead of playing 12 matches and deciding and I quote in your words it's "the worst football game in history". Anyway what is it you hate so much? Because you can't win? Why not look around the forums, there is people helping with winning formations and tactics everywhere!

course i hate it because i cant win! its stupid ive played numerous formations, changed my line ups etc etc. yet i cant win! not even draw a game! stupidly impossible to sign players, dont see the point in creating a team of computer generated youngsters, i want a realistic game. I tried to sign a player who was worth 180k yet i was told to sign him i would have to pay 4.4m plus my striker! Touche SI!

course i hate it because i cant win! its stupid ive played numerous formations, changed my line ups etc etc. yet i cant win! not even draw a game! stupidly impossible to sign players, dont see the point in creating a team of computer generated youngsters, i want a realistic game. I tried to sign a player who was worth 180k yet i was told to sign him i would have to pay 4.4m plus my striker! Touche SI!

1. Stop ranting. It won't encourage people to help you. On the contary, it will drive people away.

2. I believe you've already stated you drew one game here:

You've outdone yourself on creating what is probably the worst football game in history, the old ones were hard but not impossible when you were a poor team, but when you make it so with no formation or tactics i can win a game, ive played 12 drawn 1 tried numerous formations tactics line ups etc. it ridiculous it doesnt happen in real life so when you get a minute SI make a good game.

So saying you haven't drawn any games is just going to make people laugh at you.

Also, tactics wise:

If you've only played 12 games, you can't have tried numerous tactics. Your players need time to gel, so if you, whenever you lose a game, change your tactics/formation, you're not going to win anything.

Notice much about your statement? Look, try different teams in different leagues, Some will fit with you more than others. Give it time and no doubt you'll become hooked like the rest of us :thup:

Yeah, but its so frustating! yeah i have drawn 1 and that was at the start, it's just heavy defeat after heavy defeat! At least one player a game gets injured so i cant keep same players etc. I used to love FM! 2008 was brilliant actually fun to play, but when your losing every game i just dont have the patience for it!

Yeah, but its so frustating! yeah i have drawn 1 and that was at the start,

Then why did you claim to have not even drawn a game? :rolleyes:

it's just heavy defeat after heavy defeat! At least one player a game gets injured so i cant keep same players etc. I used to love FM! 2008 was brilliant actually fun to play' date=' but when your losing every game i just dont have the patience for it![/quote']

Go back to FM08 then. Don't shout at us about it though. :thdn:

You say try different teams, but i want to be the team i support! Yeah i hope that i will get hooked i want too, but i dont know if i have the patience! And yes i know i'm a loser, but i just had to vent my frustration!

If you don't have patience, then I'm afraid you're not going to get very far.

Try sticking with a tactic over at least 5 games. See where it takes you.

2-0 down after 20 minutes common! :(

It's quite obvious you haven't got the right tactics for your team. What team are you playing as?

I was excited coming in here only to find out it was a sarcastic well done so i'd like to take a minute to hijack a pointless thread to say a well deserved well done to SI because this is one of the most enjoyable games i've ever played.

Well said. :thup:

just pick 1 tactic that u think should work with your players and STICK to it, only very slightly tweak it as per situation. i bet after 10-15 games you notice that u get a few promising results. there is no point constantly changing things, the team will never know what there surpose to be doing.

Well take a look on that thread I posted above, In the "Forwards" section they state the following: "Forwards: Mackie is a great team player but does lack finishing quality, the same goes to BWP. Fallon is a decent target man and Sheridan provides good cover. Maclean is a goalscorer but lacks consistency. A striker is needed." & Then go on to mention a few players you could bring in at the bottom! :)

it doesent just getting annoyed with these threads now. people should grow up

Tbf, he has listened to all the advice we have given him, accepted that maybe it's him at fault, not the game, and has said he will continue to try and find a tactic that suits his team.

Might I suggest you read the entire thread before commenting pointlessly?

How do you think the managers of Portsmouth, Burnley and Bolton feel this year just look at the premier league table just now.:D

it doesent just getting annoyed with these threads now. people should grow up

This a forum people have a right to express their opinion just because you don't agree with that opinion doesn't mean you can subject the individual to ridicule.

Who cares how many posts he has, he purchased the game like everybody else and is just as entitled to an opinion as anyone else.

Maybe rather than offering ridicule perhaps offer some advice.

Simple answer, 4-4-2. I've had fantastic success with the most basic tactic.

My advice, like it has been throughout FM10 and even FM09, keep things simple. There really are people on these forums that are willing to help you out and there is plenty of info for you to be able to help yourself.

Kudos for persevering and accepting it may have been something wrong with your tactic :thup:. Too many people dismiss this straight out of hand and still maintain it is the game and not them.

Also 13xforever, does it matter how many posts he has? Surely he has just as much right to post on here as anyone? If post count does matter then you should bow before me ;):D

I'm one for consistency so maybe its a good idea to find something you like the look of and stick with it. Not many people will succeed every time. Without doing much differently some jobs will go very well, others will be unspectacular and some may even go very badly. Somewhere and/or sometime it'll click. It always does for me even when I have a few unsuccessful jobs in a row and wonder if it'll ever click.

I'm one for consistency so maybe its a good idea to find something you like the look of and stick with it. Not many people will succeed every time. Without doing much differently some jobs will go very well, others will be unspectacular and some may even go very badly. Somewhere and/or sometime it'll click. It always does for me even when I have a few unsuccessful jobs in a row and wonder if it'll ever click.

Indeed. I can pretty much get success with any team in England eventually just playing 1 set way with small tweaks.

On the other hand, having tried my hand with big teams in Spain and Germany, my system that works so well in England fails spectacularly in other leagues.

How long did you let a tactic sink in? It takes at least 10 games for a team to be comfortable with a single tactic. To keep changing things will prevent the team from settling.

Derby - 2007/08

It is a good game, there's a few little niggles, but they're always there. Personally, if I were you, I'd have another go at the game and try to not be so terrible at it.

Now, some suggestions:

-Don't change your tactics so much, if you change your tactics constatly you will lose games!

-Don't be a dumbcunt when you lose and post again, keep trying

-If you have money, identify your weak positions and bring in better places

-Don't come back on here and complain when you lose, it's really ****ing annoying.

I could suggest other stuff, but you don't really say much in your initial post.

Indeed. I can pretty much get success with any team in England eventually just playing 1 set way with small tweaks.

On the other hand, having tried my hand with big teams in Spain and Germany, my system that works so well in England fails spectacularly in other leagues.

I don't really have a pattern in what sort of job is successful and what isn't, otherwise I'd stick to whatever that is. It's just a matter of luck.

Archived