Botched offside call or ME misrepresentation?

Just conceded a goal from just outside the box, and I'll refer you to the picture below.

offside.jpg

As you can see, two attacking players are standing directly in front of the keeper, and both miles offside when the shot is struck.

offside2.jpg

The ball is now in the net and neither player has moved. In real life this is blatantly offside as they are interfering with the keeper's vision and ability to save the shot, hence they are both active.

offside3.jpg

In 2D they are in the same positions, so it's not an issue with the 2D to the 3D.

I'm curious, is this just a shockingly bad decision, or are those players actually in onside positions and just being shown as offside? Does the game have the ability to distinguish between players who take possession and those who don't, but are still active? I would assume so as I've seen plenty of players get called offside when a team mate takes a long range shot.

Hard to tell unless the same decision is repeated a few times, considering we've seen similar goals allowed & disallowed IRL the game might just be reflecting the problems of interpretation.

Hard to tell unless the same decision is repeated a few times, considering we've seen similar goals allowed & disallowed IRL the game might just be reflecting the problems of interpretation.

I can understand the problems of interpretation if someone is standing near the keeper or what not, but it's two players and they're both standing a foot in front of him.

I'd be just as concerned with making sure that my defenders were deliberately playing them offside in those pics, 'cos that's shocking marking if they're not. :D

Looking at the pics, I'd say they're close enough to be potentially interfering with the goalie's line of sight though, so I'd say goal disallowed and a bug or a deliberate A.I. ref error myself.

Archived