Can anyone help me with installing patch 10.2?

Hi,

I bought FM2010 when it first came out and played it for a couple of months, then took a break. However, I am now planning on starting a new game when I go on holiday in a week's time.

With this in mind, I decided to install the latest patch 10.2 for the first time so that my game would be fully updated to the latest version for when I go away. However, having downloaded the patch manually (didn't install steam), I'm not sure how to put it into the game. Whenever I double-click on it Windows simply claims that it doesn't recognise the file type and doesn't know what program to use to open it.

So can anyone explain to me what the next step to installing the patch into the game is once you have downloaded it? Help appreciated, thanks.

Thanks guys for the help. Needless to say, this simple bit of advice worked perfectly (although I haven't actually tried it in the game yet...sure it will be fine).

One final question on this topic: I've done my own personal update in the editor for the January transfer window and was wondering whether the update will have affected this? Or will it still be okay?

Thanks again.

Archived