Attributes needed :

Examples of players :

Deep lying/Trequritraa(cant spell it)

Main JOB :

Attack/Support :

Attributes needed :

Examples of players :

Please help , thank you

the descriptions really are simple enough to me.

deep lying forward somebody who comes deep/plays off the main striker to link mid/att.

advanced forward somebody who really does stay up top, and also hunts defenders when they're in possession.

Trequarista basically the same as a deep lying forward but has no defensive responsibility (Berbatov springs to mind).

Inside Forward is basically Fulhams wingers irl now, a winger who cuts in, instead of the likes of Valencia who will hug the touch line.

Attributes are highlighted in the tactics wizard.

If you can't understand them then you can always use the old tactics system :thup:

the descriptions really are simple enough to me.

deep lying forward somebody who comes deep/plays off the main striker to link mid/att.

advanced forward somebody who really does stay up top, and also hunts defenders when they're in possession.

Trequarista basically the same as a deep lying forward but has no defensive responsibility (Berbatov springs to mind).

Inside Forward is basically Fulhams wingers irl now, a winger who cuts in, instead of the likes of Valencia who will hug the touch line.

Attributes are highlighted in the tactics wizard.

If you can't understand them then you can always use the old tactics system :thup:

Thanks mate , thats what i was looking for , do u have any examples of top players who are inside forwards or advancrd forwards irl?

hope thats not a cheap dig at the mighty Fulham ;), for we are a top side with top players. Arshavin is a good example (when he plays on the wing), Lionel Messi another good example. Andy Johnson would be an advanced forward, also Rooney to an extent this season. Samuel Eto'o also, at least in his Barca days, havn't seen much of him at Inter

Taken from T&T '10, which you can download from the tactics forum here on SI (or alternatively visit FM Britain - http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/):

Advanced Forward: This player usually hangs on the shoulder of the last defender, looking to latch on to through balls from the midfield or his strike partner. He can be isolated if used entirely on his own, so he will need support from the attacking midfield stratum or a fellow centre forward. Usually quick, pretty decent on the ball and a lethal finisher, he is slightly more well rounded than the “poacher” as he will drop back a little bit if absolutely needed to put pressure on the centre backs or to receive the ball. This player is likely to be the top goal scorer for any team that employs him, and will be the focus of many attacks. Therefore, he needs to be reliable and able to handle pressure.

Contemporary Example: Fernando Torres (Liverpool; Spain); Samuel Eto’o (Internazionale; Cameroon)

Classic Example: Ronaldo (Real Madrid; Brazil); Gerd Müller (Bayern München; West Germany)

Inside Forward: Alex Ferguson asserts that the player that finds space by going from a wide position in to the centre is far more dangerous than the player who starts in the centre and pulls wide for space. As if to prove his point, Cristiano Ronaldo scored 42 goals in the 07/08 season, many of which were from this sort of position. The role is becoming increasingly popular, with Messi, Henry and Ribéry all famed for their ability to score goals. The inside forward needs the pace and ball skills of the winger, the composure of the striker and great creativity and technical ability to boot. When all of these are combined, the winger who cuts inside is absolutely lethal. What makes Ronaldo such a great player is that he can play not only this role, but also the role of the classic winger because of his great crossing ability. In FM, the inside forward can open up defences, but may also lack a little bit of width if both wide players are constantly cutting in. This can be counteracted by using the full backs as attacking players to offer support.

Contemporary Example: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid; Portugal); Thierry Henry (Barcelona; France); Franck Ribéry (Bayern München; France)

Classic Example: The inside forward on the wing is quite a new phenomenon in modern football tactics. However, Cristiano Ronaldo will probably become known as the classic example of the role over the next few years.

Deep-Lying Forward: The deep-lying forward looks to come back towards the midfield to pick up the ball, and then distributes the ball to the players behind him, or looks to hold up the ball so that players can run on in front of him. Very useful as a lone forward or as part of a strike partnership, the DLF tends to be pretty strong but also a little creative. He can also score goals himself when needed. Like a target man, he tends to play with his back to goal, but is more comfortable with the ball at his feet rather than jumping up high to flick the ball on. Usually the DLF will not score a huge amount of goals on his own, but as a lone striker he can allow creative midfielders to thrive (such as the French national team in the 1998 World Cup with Guivarc'h), or as part of a front two (such as Sherringham’s link up with Alan Shearer or Andy Cole).

Contemporary Example: Carlton Cole (West Ham; England); John Carew (Aston Villa; Norway)

Classic Example: Teddy Sheringham (Manchester United; England); Stéphane Guivarc'h (France)

Trequartista: The “three-quarter forward”, or trequartista is the attacking version of the regista or deep-lying playmaker. Where he differs from the advanced playmaker, however, is that he is essentially a forward and not a midfielder. Though his deeper position means he is not a true forward. He uses his great creativity to fashion chances for other midfielders or strikers, and will never track back to help the defence. Such is the nature of the TQ position, that many of the players who we could call trequartistas have similarly been noted as strikers and midfielders. In Football Manager, the TQ has a roaming instruction and will move around for space even more than the advanced playmaker. In the right team, with the right player this can be a deadly role. It is also the key role for the most advanced player in the “4-6-0” formation.

Contemporary Example: Francesco Totti (Roma; Italy); Kaka (Real Madrid; Brazil)

Classic Example: Roberto Baggio (Italy); Diego Maradona (Argentina); Denis Bergkamp (Arsenal; Ajax; Netherlands); Pelé (Brazil)

Taken from T&T '10, which you can download from the tactics forum here on SI (or alternatively visit FM Britain - http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/):

Exactly what i was looking for thanks

I play aguero as a trequirsta , and dzeko as a taget man , i may change him to an advanced forward though. Do yu think ballotelli could play advanced forward? And i may try Di maria as an inside forward now.

Don't think our Tommy's much of a reader here. Crouchie. A few lines in the actual game is too much for him.

I'll precis:

Advanced forward - Torres

Inside forward - Ronaldo, Henry.

STOP

well i wasnt looking for ur answe 'mr smarty pants' , the one before you was perfect

I play aguero as a trequirsta , and dzeko as a taget man , i may change him to an advanced forward though. Do yu think ballotelli could play advanced forward? And i may try Di maria as an inside forward now.

look at the highlighted attributes in the roles you give them, that'll give you an idea of what they're best suited to. Also, the good player & team guide section of the forum will help with those players, they all should have threads dedicated to them

Thanks mate , thats what i was looking for , do u have any examples of top players who are inside forwards or advancrd forwards irl?

Messi would be an inside forward as he cuts inside from the right, onto his favoured left foot. The likes of Saha and Torres would be advanced forwards

Looking at those- who described Carew or Cole as a "deep lying forward"? Surely they are better described as "target man (support)"?

Aguero would be a great 3Q, and Balotelli is an ideal advanced forward. Dzeko, personally, I use as a target man.

Di Maria- do you play with two wingers? If so, I'd use him as a winger, but with "swap positions". That way, sometimes he'll go to the byline and whip in a cross for Dzeko, and other times, he'll cut inside, get the ball from Dzeko/Aguero/Balotelli, and have a shot for himself. It works well for me.

Looking at those- who described Carew or Cole as a "deep lying forward"? Surely they are better described as "target man (support)"?

Depends how you want to use them really. As a deep lying forward they can act as a big lump in the middle to drop back a little and recieve the ball, protect it then release it to their partner. As a target man they are more likely to push forward more and look to get on to the final ball.

Depends how you want to use them really. As a deep lying forward they can act as a big lump in the middle to drop back a little and recieve the ball, protect it then release it to their partner. As a target man they are more likely to push forward more and look to get on to the final ball.

I'd thought that the difference between target man (support) and target man (attack).

I liked the idea of the roles, however, i don't think you should be choosing them, i think they should be part of there personality.

So if you want a poacher player, you have to look at there personality to see if they are one or not.

& you should be able to change them, through training.

Maybe even like when playing a player out of position, playing a player out of role, so they dnt perform as well, until they are fulled trained in there new role.

Archived