Favoured Personnel

Okay, so my new signing Dorian Smith has made 8 apperances scoring 3 goals from CM for my AFC Kempston side. I was looking at the Infomation screen to see he was their yet my best striker Elliot Benyon who had made 116 apperances scoring 74 goals wasn't! I couldn't believe this he had been at the club for only about a month and he was more liked than my best striker!

Surely this has to be sorted for FM11?

One of my players had something similar: hadn't played much and scored a few. I figured he was in the list because he headed home a winner against my rivals in the last minute.

Thats heading home a winner againist rivals. All Dorian Smith has done is poke a few home in the middle of the match and he is our new God.

The problem is Elliot Benyon isn't there yet he's been at the club for 3 years. Surely he has had more of an impact than Dorian Smith has had in 8 matches. Also getting on with the fans off the pitch isn't part of the game.

Well. Consider: what if he's the Berbatov type of player? However many goals he score, his attitude would keep the fans from actually loving him. Favoured personell would usually have to show heart for the club; there's lots of players that don't. Then if they score alot or not, is usually irrelevant. The fans will just look at him and say "he's a good striker, but he just play for the cash".

One of my players had something similar: hadn't played much and scored a few. I figured he was in the list because he headed home a winner against my rivals in the last minute.
Well. Consider: what if he's the Berbatov type of player? However many goals he score, his attitude would keep the fans from actually loving him. Favoured personell would usually have to show heart for the club; there's lots of players that don't. Then if they score alot or not, is usually irrelevant. The fans will just look at him and say "he's a good striker, but he just play for the cash".

That relates to Benyon. Earns 675 p/w on a part-time contract. (I don't want to lose him because I can't sign David Gilroy.)

I agree with the Berbatov comment. He could be a player who just doesnt shine for the fans or the other players. Many characters are like this. Just think how many clubs Craig Bellamy has had or the fact that even though adebayor was at Arsenal for ages he wasnt really liked or Bendtner even.

A fair point game wise, but slightly harsh on Berbatov. I think the only set of fans who haven't fallen head over heels for Berba are the United ones. He was loved at Spurs until baconface tapped him up :(

A fair point game wise, but slightly harsh on Berbatov. I think the only set of fans who haven't fallen head over heels for Berba are the United ones. He was loved at Spurs until baconface tapped him up :(

I dont think he'll be much loved if he returned and started eyeing up another move soon after.

I dont think he'll be much loved if he returned and started eyeing up another move soon after.

He wouldn't, but that's what burning one's bridges will do.

You know what they say about going back, too. It takes a special kind of player and person to pull it off, see Sheringham, T and Klinsmann, J to use Spurs examples.

Archived