If you become G.O.A.T does the game do enough to recognise this

Like the title says, if you become officially the most successful manager in the history of the sport :) or close to it, nothing much seems to happen, by which I mean if it were real life pretty much every single tycoon taking over a club would offer you the earth to manage their new club, Spanish presidents would make it their mission each summer to tempt you away to join them, with a carte blanche to do whatever it takes/cost to succeed.

In FM it seems to me, ironically given its a management game that not enough is given over to reflecting the status of a manager (also shown when you're automatically removed from legend status whenever you resign)

No chairmen/presidents ever come out in the press (or let it be known;) ) that they will do whatever it takes to get you etc, when I reckon in real life with managers like Wenger, Mourinho etc that given half a chance a lot of very wealthy ambitious presidents would sack instantly whoever was in charge and offer everything to try and get these guys.

anyone agree?

It crushed me when my legend status at Liverpool was revoked purely because i left to join Roma,apparently now that ive left the 20+ trophies i won mean absolutely nothing..so i definitely definitely agree to this!

FM2011 should focus more on you,the manager..more background info,personal info.

But what if by becoming the G.O.A.T, your team have now become the most dominant force in the game and therefore no other club thinks they could afford or tempt you? Maybe thats why? Just playing devils avocado.

But think that IRL this never happens. They will still try. They may fail but the option of them trying should be there. And please fix the legend error, a legend is always a legend. Agree with the OP this needs to be worked on, its a mangement game after all. Maybe adding a DoF may help, more power to him until you prove yourself and less power to him once you do.

But think that IRL this never happens. They will still try. They may fail but the option of them trying should be there. And please fix the legend error, a legend is always a legend. Agree with the OP this needs to be worked on, its a mangement game after all. Maybe adding a DoF may help, more power to him until you prove yourself and less power to him once you do.

Think about it though, when was the last time you heard a club trying to tempt Fergie? Admittedly he's getting on now but I honestly don't remember anyone trying for him. Maybe, ever?

Think about it though, when was the last time you heard a club trying to tempt Fergie? Admittedly he's getting on now but I honestly don't remember anyone trying for him. Maybe, ever?

They did try a few years ago when Man Utd were eliminated from CL in group stages. Had he been fired there was interest from Real Madrid (No surprise) and a few Italian teams, I believe Inter were one.

I agree OP.

I'd also tag on that there isn't enough fuss when you win something. I don't mean flashy graphics or trophy cabinets or trophy presentations even. I mean more of a fuss in the medie, rather than 1 selected ex-player commenting on the success plus a board that hardly seem grateful.

Devils avocado? Never knew that, you learn something new everyday.......

It crushed me when my legend status at Liverpool was revoked purely because i left to join Roma,apparently now that ive left the 20+ trophies i won mean absolutely nothing..so i definitely definitely agree to this!

FM2011 should focus more on you,the manager..more background info,personal info.

This happened to me with Leeds as well, after I resigned because I wanted a new challenge just after winning my 2nd CL title and my 5th league title, my legend status was revoked.

I re-added myself with FMRTE, but still, if a legendary manager leaves or resignes then they don't became hated, possibly if they leave for one of the club's fierce rivals, but even then, if they are legendary enough (Brian Clough, Ron Saunders) this still won't happen.

Archived