All the AI managers are "Voyeurs"

You just can't keep a bloody secret on this game!

At the start of a new season I'll build up a short list of targets for possible transfer/loan, then I'll narrow the list down to my preferred choices.

As soon as I put a bid in for said players, loads of other teams alos bid for him/them.

They show no interest whatsoever until I make a bid (kept private) and then BANG! BID BID BID!!

Why on earth do they do it?

It's almost as if the game is intentionally driving up the price on me.....

Anyone else notice this?

I hold off making a bid on purpose for a while (just to see) then as soon as I do, loads of other teams do too.

Bastards, that's what they are.

At the start of a new season I'll build up a short list of targets for possible transfer/loan, then I'll narrow the list down to my preferred choices.

As soon as I put a bid in for said players, loads of other teams alos bid for him/them.

They show no interest whatsoever until I make a bid (kept private) and then BANG! BID BID BID!!

Anyone else notice this?

I hold off making a bid on purpose for a while (just to see) then as soon as I do, loads of other teams do too.

Bastards, that's what they are.

I'm pretty sure alot of people will come on here and offer logical explanations for why this happens. For me this aspect of the game feels a little too coincidental.

And if it is a case of the AI also having the player on their private shortlist then they have an obvious advantage in that they can do the equivalent of a human manager checking player profiles for bids in a fraction of the time.

And yes they are bastards icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CookieColeman:

I know. Once I glanced over my shoulder and could have sworn I saw the silhouette of Arsene Wenger in my window... then he was gone, leaping cross the rooftops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jose? Is that you?

icon_biggrin.gif

Works both ways, I'm Man Utd and during the transfer window every 3/4 days I check if Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool have put in a bid for someone, if they have then I offer 100 million for the player and most of the time their bid gets rejected, if not then I offer the highest possible contract, they always choose me over them and then I just withdraw the offer icon_biggrin.gif They haven't bought any players for 2 seasons now icon_cool.gif

Well, if I see a news item that an AI team made a bid for one of my targets I usually also make one, not wanting to lose the guy...

But it can be infuriating when suddenly 10-15 teams decide they need the guy you've just made an offer for, it's true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

They haven't bought any players for 2 seasons now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same as usual then.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.

They haven't bought any players for 2 seasons now icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same as usual then.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*in the game (just to clarify)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know. Once I glanced over my shoulder and could have sworn I saw the silhouette of Arsene Wenger in my window... then he was gone, leaping cross the rooftops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

The usual excuse offered is that agents shill their player. So other clubs will become aware.

But that's bunkem.

You can offer for a player who no-one has ever heard of, suddenly the world is aware of them. Pish.

But if you are a FM apologist and doubt the validity of the "omnipresent AI" argument, then grab FMM and edit a complete unknown into a wunderkind. Within one continue the whole world will have discovered them playing in the Moldovan third division reserves. Long before they could even get a scout on a plane, much less see him play.

So all the CPU managers know everything, about everyone, all the time.

Apart from your players who they resolutely refuse to bid for regardless icon_biggrin.gif

Unfortunately it is pretty spot on. Just seems weird at times I will give you that. But all in all this type of thing happens all the time in RL. Happens both ways, I bet you have snaffled a few good talents from under other managers in your time. icon14.gif

The bidding price actually should be confidential.

Many teams were bidding for Enyeama for 300k and I decided to outbid them at 800k since I know I can re-sell him later for much higher price. My bid was accepted and those other 300k bids were all rejected. However, 2 days later, Reading and Sochaux also bidded 800k. How the hell did they know that I bid 800k and get accepted? I already offered contract so I didn't bother to re-bid, so Reading got him since I has no first team spot to offer him.

Tehn 2 seasons later, they sold him for 15M >.>

This is dumb, the bidding price should be confidential. I missed the 14M profit icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Anyone else notice this?

Bastards, that's what they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats also what Newcastle do IRL. Hasn't worked though, lol.

And yet we see all those posts about how FMers take teams from the BSP and bring them all the way to the Premiership.

Yes, I think this is one area where the AI "knows" about something without having to take the time and effort that the human player does. In my view, all this does is act as a proxy for the real competition for talent that is out there all the time. The human player has a major advantage over the AI that no one ever mentions, and that goes unnoticed in all the wailing about the AI "cheating" - the human player can conceptualize any style of play he wants, go after the players he needs to make that style succeed, hire the staff he wants with the exact strengths he wants, given the limitations of factual circumstances of his club. And he only has to do that for one club.

The AI, on the other hand, cannot conceptualize a team framework, but rather can only operate from a handful of preprogrammed assumptions in order to replicate the competitive environment. And it has to do this for countless clubs in hundreds of leagues in scores of countries on 6 continents.

So, don't tell me the AI has the advantage. It can't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macyst:

Many teams were bidding for Enyeama for 300k and I decided to outbid them at 800k since I know I can re-sell him later for much higher price. My bid was accepted and those other 300k bids were all rejected. However, 2 days later, Reading and Sochaux also bidded 800k. How the hell did they know that I bid 800k and get accepted? I already offered contract so I didn't bother to re-bid, so Reading got him since I has no first team spot to offer him.

This is dumb, the bidding price should be confidential. I missed the 14M profit icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they were negotiated to £800k?

This aspect of the game is very flawed, AI managers circumvent the scouting process that human managers have to follow.

This can be proven by the Ai clubs having no scouting knowledge of the country the player is currently playing in and where the player does not have a high enough rep to warrant appearing on the major players list. However, it happily bids on a player it should have no knowledge of.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macyst:

This is dumb, the bidding price should be confidential. I missed the 14M profit icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they were negotiated to £800k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were also other teams bidding after me at 300k and those were turned down. And they didn't bother bidding again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, I think this is one area where the AI "knows" about something without having to take the time and effort that the human player does. In my view, all this does is act as a proxy for the real competition for talent that is out there all the time. The human player has a major advantage over the AI that no one ever mentions, and that goes unnoticed in all the wailing about the AI "cheating" - the human player can conceptualize any style of play he wants, go after the players he needs to make that style succeed, hire the staff he wants with the exact strengths he wants, given the limitations of factual circumstances of his club. And he only has to do that for one club.

The AI, on the other hand, cannot conceptualize a team framework, but rather can only operate from a handful of preprogrammed assumptions in order to replicate the competitive environment. And it has to do this for countless clubs in hundreds of leagues in scores of countries on 6 continents.

So, don't tell me the AI has the advantage. It can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I fail to see where it doesn't have an advantage...?

The AI is basically getting the fruits of scouting, without the penalties that the human has to deal with.

Don't people on this forum get ridiculed as cheaters when they do that?

My point is that whatever advantage the AI may gain from its "inside information", it isn't enough to put the human player at an overall disadvantage because of all the other advantages the human player has (mentioned above).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Maybe they were negotiated to £800k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There were also other teams bidding after me at 300k and those were turned down. And they didn't bother bidding again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in effect they clicked 'Withdraw' when quoted £800k...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Parmie:

This aspect of the game is very flawed, AI managers circumvent the scouting process that human managers have to follow.

This can be proven by the Ai clubs having no scouting knowledge of the country the player is currently playing in and where the player does not have a high enough rep to warrant appearing on the major players list. However, it happily bids on a player it should have no knowledge of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true IMO. I often see AI managers "attend" games. For example, "Sir Alex Ferguson was seen in the crowd, maybe he's taking a look at <player x>" (or something to that effect).

This to me is a sign that AI managers do scout players, or the game has comments like this to give that impression.

There is such a thing as videos/DVDs of a particular player. Or many teams have scouts, former players, or contacts in many countries. The manager of a lowly club may have (falsely) told the press about a Man Utd interest which then attracts Arsenal/Chelsea to take a look.

It is not unrealistic for the big teams to become aware very very quickly of any player.

Also, it is very realistic for teams to follow you quickly after you bid. In real life, Man Utd wanted to wait a few months before buying Rooney but Newcastle made a bid so Man United had to bid straight after.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CookieColeman:

I know. Once I glanced over my shoulder and could have sworn I saw the silhouette of Arsene Wenger in my window... then he was gone, leaping cross the rooftops. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fantastic, I actually laughed out loud there.

Archived