Missed interception 'mistakes' are just a joke.

Anyone else think that 'missed interception' mistakes that lead to a goal are a joke ?

Intercepting a pass/cross/header etc is the result of an action when you did not have the ball.

So if you manage to intercept the ball, it is a plus. If you don't intercept it, it ISN'T a minus because your team did not have possession of the ball to begin with. So why mark players down SO much stats wise if they don't make an interception, and the team scores. Not making an interception is NOT a mistake.

A mistake is a bad wayward pass/clearance/header/flap at a corner etc that gives the opposing team a good chance to score

Also check the weather, if its gusty then there are likely to be more missed interceptions.

I just had the craziest game ever. Playing as Man Utd, won first leg away of Champions League against Real Madrid 3-0. 2nd leg at home drew 5-5 on a blustery day. 4 Man Utd errors led to goals and the 5th was a badly blown offside call. 3 Real Madrid errors led to goals. 8 errors (7 player, 1 official) led to goals. 3 of the player errors were badly missed headers. Not complaining, just a funny wild game.

Have you never seen a game of football where are a player has completely and utterly missed what should have been an easy interception? If not then I feel you've never watched any football. Surely you could have added this moan to another of your threads?

This is meant to be at least at the top level, professional football and yet you see mistakes which dont accurately predict this. Although some top level players may make silly mistakes, the main ones rarelyif ever do. How often have you seen Torres or Gerrard misskick? Or Terry miss a header? Or Rooney pass the ball to an opponent?

this makes no sense ingame.

This is meant to be at least at the top level, professional football and yet you see mistakes which dont accurately predict this. Although some top level players may make silly mistakes, the main ones rarelyif ever do. How often have you seen Torres or Gerrard misskick? Or Terry miss a header? Or Rooney pass the ball to an opponent?

this makes no sense ingame.

Happened in the Milan game on Tuesday. :p

But I get where you're coming from with the silly mistakes. Top level players shouldn't make that many, but I actually don't see that many in the game...

If top players never made mistakes, Danny Baker would never have sold so many dvd's and soccer am would never have anything to show on 'taxi'. They happen. I'll check my current save later but I'm fairly sure in December of my current season my team have only made 2 mistakes leading to goals which is about right or even maybe too few.

If top players never made mistakes, Danny Baker would never have sold so many dvd's and soccer am would never have anything to show on 'taxi'. They happen. I'll check my current save later but I'm fairly sure in December of my current season my team have only made 2 mistakes leading to goals which is about right or even maybe too few.

the players featured on those DVDs are not exactly TOP names. I said top level players may make them but not the best top level players.

Happened in the Milan game on Tuesday. :p

But I get where you're coming from with the silly mistakes. Top level players shouldn't make that many, but I actually don't see that many in the game...

Play in 3D mode and you'll see them. they happen quite often although they rarely turn into goals.

Archived