Bankruptcy

How exactly does a club go bankrupt and get points deducted?

Is it possible for this to happen at a club you're managing?

The debt needed to go into admin and get points deducted varies from club to club.

When it happens, the current owner will sell to someone new. No club will ever liquidate in the game.

The debt needed to go into admin and get points deducted varies from club to club.

When it happens, the current owner will sell to someone new. No club will ever liquidate in the game.

:thup: This.

The very worst thing that will happen is the club keeps going into administration and getting points deductions so they keep getting relegated. Eventually they will end up in an unplayable league.

:thup: This.

Thanks. :D

The very worst thing that will happen is the club keeps going into administration and getting points deductions so they keep getting relegated. Eventually they will end up in an unplayable league.

But won't the team win more in the lower leagues, as it will have better players than the opposition?

Thanks. :D

But won't the team win more in the lower leagues, as it will have better players than the opposition?

Only if they can afford to keep them. As I said above, that is a 'worst case scenario'. Usually what happens is the teams either drop a division, sort themselves out and come back up. Or they plummet to a level where they can do this. It took Bolton falling to League 1 before they could stabilise on my save!

No because all those players will get sold and they will still have huge debt ie they are totally fked.

If, for example, a Prem team gets in this bind, and starts to freefall down the leagues, they'll have to sell their entire squad, yes. But they'll keep getting newgens in every year, that will be a lot better than, let's say, BSP teams' youngsters, simply because of the quality of the training facilities.

So the ex-Prem team will grind to a halt in the BSP, play their youngsters who are better than the other players in the league, and start life anew.

If, for example, a Prem team gets in this bind, and starts to freefall down the leagues, they'll have to sell their entire squad, yes. But they'll keep getting newgens in every year, that will be a lot better than, let's say, BSP teams' youngsters, simply because of the quality of the training facilities.

So the ex-Prem team will grind to a halt in the BSP, play their youngsters who are better than the other players in the league, and start life anew.

Does the board end up selling the training facilities? Mine did.

No decent youngsters, no nothing, no hope.

The clubs have a fire sale. They can't afford the wages so all the decent players get sold at whatever anyone will pay. So no, they don't end up with better players because they all leave.

They get to the BSP. A new intake of youth comes through. They won't sell off all those players (who are low earners, as they're youth) as soon as they're created. They'll therefore have at least half a season to get on top of the league, and get a point cushion.

So they will end up with better players. They'll probably play the yo-yo for a few years, but they'll be able to stabalise as they're not falling too far into obscurity.

It's happened to me in the last save. I was at Middlesbrough, taking over with about 10 games left into the season and they were 4th in the league (Strachan had nicked off to Bolton) and I was pretty confident about promotion when we went into administration when the club balance was around -£9m but piled up with massive loan repayments.

We finished 10th and the next season my wage budget was slashed by more than half. We came out of admnistration in July and went straight back into admin after the first game but I couldn't shift the players.

We had massive CVA loans and the Chairman remained 'will never leave the club of his own volition'

The ground capacity was reduced by 5,000 on health and safety (I assume this means the club cannot afford to operate part of the stadium)

On the plus side, Palace had a Canadian tycoon takeover and I was offered the job and took it. I then went back to Boro and started offering silly amounts for players (£50k for Wheater for example) and they were accepted.

I ended up strenghthening my Palace squad with 9 Boro players and didn't spend more than a £1m!:D

So that's always my top tip, hang like a vulture over administration sides!

I think whether you go into admin is worked out from what the club is worth, club value i think its called on there, obviously if you have sold your gound/training/youth facilities you will have fewer assets making the amount of debt needed to enter admin lower.

It's a dangerous cycle to be in, On my save my old Boro side have plummeted to League 2 and have no reserve players at all to speak of and a really really thin squad.

They've gone into administration nearly every season, recovering at the end of the season after payments and then plunging in after 2 or 3 games. Yet Keith Lamb is still 'not leaving the club of his own volition' and no-one seems to be taking an interest. The Riverside only seems to hold 13,000 now too. Thats the capacity more than halved!

Archived