should i sell messi

Sell him if you want but I wouldn't because there is nobody better to spend the money on.

Ronaldo, Rooney, and there have got to be a few brilliant newgens by now.

He's 25 and injury prone. If you wait much longer to sell him, OP, you're not going to get a decent price.

Rooney isn't better.

He's Real Madrid! he should be buying all those players anyway. Not selling.

It depends what formation/tactics he's playing. ;) He can have the best team in the world, but if they don't have a formation/tactic that suits them, they're not going to win anything.

And, as he said, Messi is 25. I would say keep him, but he's also injury prone, which points towards an early retirement. I therefore said sell him, as the OP is either going to get money or playing time out of him. If he gets much older, he'll be ready to retire, and the OP won't get anything. Better to sell him now, and get the cash.

It depends what formation/tactics he's playing. ;) He can have the best team in the world, but if they don't have a formation/tactic that suits them, they're not going to win anything.

And, as he said, Messi is 25. I would say keep him, but he's also injury prone, which points towards an early retirement. I therefore said sell him, as the OP is either going to get money or playing time out of him. If he gets much older, he'll be ready to retire, and the OP won't get anything. Better to sell him now, and get the cash.

I still wouldn't. This game doesn't simulate injury like in real life. He might have been injury prone for a year through bad luck, but in fm he will fully recover.

Yeah he's 25 -that's not even his peak! I had him until 33 and he wasn't injury prone for me. He was absolutely essential to my team and was pretty much the best player in the world every year!

I still wouldn't. This game doesn't simulate injury like in real life. He might have been injury prone for a year through bad luck, but in fm he will fully recover.

Yeah he's 25 -that's not even his peak! I had him until 33 and he wasn't injury prone for me. He was absolutely essential to my team and was pretty much the best player in the world every year!

I've had several players' stats decrease by quite an amount because of injury, so they don't just bounce back in FM.

I can't comment on his playing level (though I'd imagine it's quite high :p) as I've never managed him, but his 'Injury Proneness' stat is:

Which could see him pick up a few nasty knocks.

That's a fair enough comment Vic but for me he wasn't troubled by injuries to a great degree.

I'd still take 10 years of Messi over 90 million simply because he is not easy, if not impossible, to replace.

Also, players always have the potential to recover from injuries every time in fm no matter how much they lose through inactivity. The only thing that decreases their overall ability is age.

That's a fair enough comment Vic but for me he wasn't troubled by injuries to a great degree.

I'd still take 10 years of Messi over 90 million simply because he is not easy, if not impossible, to replace.

Also, players always have the potential to recover from injuries every time in fm no matter how much they lose through inactivity. The only thing that decreases their overall ability is age.

I guess whether or not he's injured a lot also depends on the tactics the OP's using. If he's doing a lot of running, work, carrying the team, ect, then he's going to be more easily injured than he would be if he were doing nothing. Same counts for the training regeme the OP's got him on.

What tatics are you using, OP? What role are you using him in? And what training regeme have you got him on?

How did this develop from a "should I sell this player" thread, to a "what tactics are you using" thread? :D

He paid 90 million.

No, I mean I can understand that barcelona accepted the offer. It's just that I'm Barcelona in my save in 2017 and every real madrid player that I attempt to buy won't accept my contract offer even if I offer up to 300,000 euros a week? :confused:

LOL. Yeah, just make sure you turn off at the mains first.

This is very good advice, people. :o

I attempted to wire a plug once. The back was still off, the power was still on. I pushed it into the socket. Because the back was off, the metal bit came up, so I though 'I'll push it down and hold it in place'.

Not a good idea!

No, I mean I can understand that barcelona accepted the offer. It's just that I'm Barcelona in my save in 2017 and every real madrid player that I attempt to buy won't accept my contract offer even if I offer up to 300,000 euros a week? :confused:

Is Perez still President?? If so it could be a (cough)*bribe*(cough, cough) :)

this is very good advice, people. :o

i attempted to wire a plug once. The back was still off, the power was still on. I pushed it into the socket. Because the back was off, the metal bit came up, so i though 'i'll push it down and hold it in place'.

not a good idea!

We all learn somehow :)

This is very good advice, people. :o

I attempted to wire a plug once. The back was still off, the power was still on. I pushed it into the socket. Because the back was off, the metal bit came up, so I though 'I'll push it down and hold it in place'.

Not a good idea!

Yeah I've done that a few times. You get used to it after a while.

True. I was playing as Man Utd, winning numerous leagues and Champions Leagues in a row, including a quadruple, and Liverpool consistently finished outside the top 4 and Benitez got sacked. There was still absolutely no way of signing Torres, even after offering him £250,000 a week and a £10m signing on fee. I tried every year for about 5 years. It's impossible, even when Liverpool aren't even in the Europa League, let alone the Champions League and I'm Quadruple holders.

So I'm not sure how the OP got Messi to Real Madrid, as I imagine Messi is even more loyal to Barca and less likely to sign for a fierce rival

True. I was playing as Man Utd, winning numerous leagues and Champions Leagues in a row, including a quadruple, and Liverpool consistently finished outside the top 4 and Benitez got sacked. There was still absolutely no way of signing Torres, even after offering him £250,000 a week and a £10m signing on fee. I tried every year for about 5 years. It's impossible, even when Liverpool aren't even in the Europa League, let alone the Champions League and I'm Quadruple holders.

So I'm not sure how the OP got Messi to Real Madrid, as I imagine Messi is even more loyal to Barca and less likely to sign for a fierce rival

This is what I meant :thup:

I find Torres a bit too loyal in the game personally. I mean, in real-life if Liverpool finished 11th, Rafa got sacked, and Man Utd had just won the quadruple, would he really refuse to move if Liverpool accepted a bid for him? Especially if Utd basically doubled his wages.

This is what I meant :thup:

I find Torres a bit too loyal in the game personally. I mean, in real-life if Liverpool finished 11th, Rafa got sacked, and Man Utd had just won the quadruple, would he really refuse to move if Liverpool accepted a bid for him? Especially if Utd basically doubled his wages.

The problem is had Benitez not been at Liverpool then Torres would probably not have gone there. As much as it sounds rediculous right now no other PL manager was pushing to sign him. They all looked at him but refused to put up the money. Nationality may play a part but its a joke when you see that these days most Spanish players can hack the PL.

Regarding Torres, he did the same with Atletico Madrid, they got relegated when he came through and he stayed there even though there was no European competition once they got promoted back to the top division. So I think there's clearly an issue with his mindset.

Yeah maybe he is abit too loyal, but IIRC I think that he said he would never play for another team in the premiership so I'm not sure. Maybe a few years down the line he could change his mind. I also think it's due to the spanish contingent that has developed at Liverpool so he feels at home there. I think he did say that if Rafa got sacked then he would consider leaving but didn't specify if he would join an English team.

Exactly. When Benitez was still there in game, he didn't want to move because of his relationship with Rafa. He kept giving that as his reason. So surely after Benitez left he should be more likely to want to leave also (especially after finishing 11th)?

Regarding what he did when he was at Atletico, he was much younger then and had time on his hands to win trophies and play at the highest level, he also wasn't regarded as one of the world's top strikers. Taking that into account, I don't think you can really compare that to the scenario I suggested. If Liverpool went more than one season without Champions League football he'd probably be off like a shot, even if it was Man Utd.

The problem is had Benitez not been at Liverpool then Torres would probably not have gone there. As much as it sounds rediculous right now no other PL manager was pushing to sign him. They all looked at him but refused to put up the money. Nationality may play a part but its a joke when you see that these days most Spanish players can hack the PL.

Regarding Torres, he did the same with Atletico Madrid, they got relegated when he came through and he stayed there even though there was no European competition once they got promoted back to the top division. So I think there's clearly an issue with his mindset.

Archived