Importance of football affect quality of regens?

I was thinking, if I play India or China shouldn't they get a huge amount of quality regens as you have billions and billions of people to pick from? But then there are probably less people going into football than Holland.

So my question is does the importance affect the quality? Small countries that love football should tend to have high quality regens but thats cause we know it does, or does the game actually take it into account? Like if I edit India or China in FM to make the importance really high would I have 20 Messis and Ronaldos a season if not more?

I would think if you put it to 20 then yes you would get an increase of good regens, however the quality of facilities effects it much more so though, for example poor training facilites will always produce poor players, maybe an average player every so often.

So to create great indian / chineese players the clubs facilities, standard of league (does not have to be the greatest as serbia ect produce great players and thier leagues are not considered great) and importence of football in the country will all have to be relitivly high.

Hope it helps

There's not even one half-decent Indian football player in the world.

I've found the quality of regens depends vastly on the reputation of the club. Just change the clubs reputation to really high and they'll get better regens.

Matches with Real Life. I cant think of one decent Indian Footballer. :)

India's most famous ever player, their captain Bhaichung Bhutia tried to make it in England and never got past Bury reserves.

The quality of regens largely depends on the reputation of the nation. I know from previously having lived in India and now in Cambodia that where a developing country lacks the facilities and football culture, it's almost impossible to produce wonderkids. If China invested in the former they could, and Brazil has always had the latter. in FM there's always the random factor and occasionally a regen kid with high PA turns up in some Pacific Island but I'd agree that it's set realistically in this regard.

I never understand the importance placed on training facilities in the game; most of the best players in the world grew up in poorer areas, playing football on the street, sometimes probably with not even a football. And also, I imagine the huge majority of the best players in the world did not come up through the best teams youth set ups.

I think its something in the game that's not very realistic when it comes to the development of young players, I would have thought playing regularly at a lower level would aid development more than under 20 matches and training at a top club.

Michael Chopra.

Harry- "youth facilities" aren't exactly that. For example, many of the Brazilian teams don't have great facilities IRL, but because they are known to produce great fpotballers, they have higher "youth facilities" ratings.

So my question is does the importance affect the quality? Small countries that love football should tend to have high quality regens but thats cause we know it does, or does the game actually take it into account? Like if I edit India or China in FM to make the importance really high would I have 20 Messis and Ronaldos a season if not more?

Rather than editing them in, why not try a challenge in India. Try to build up the reputation of one of the clubs and try to improve the rep of the national side.

It's a challenge that I fancy when 10.3 is out. I want to see how much I could improve Indian football.

There are examples of FMers playing in smaller nations and improving the quality of regens coming through. It's a long-term challenge but could be lots of fun and very rewarding.

In real life, Indian football is changing and developing. The teams are becoming increasingly professional and the top division now has more teams competing. The manager of the national team, who is an Englishman (Bob Houghton), believes that the Indian footballers are improving technically but that they struggle to match up to other nations physically.

I'm not sure how much Indian football will improve in real life. Their national sport is cricket and there is only really a strong football culture in Kolkata and Goa. A lot of young Indians look towards Europe and the Premier League for their football. As usual, the businesses that make up the Premier League are keen to sell their product to Asia without considering the harm that they are doing to the development of the local game in these countries.

Archived