how do i install/run an old CM 01/02 disk?

ive been clearing up some rubbish at home and ive come accross an old intact CM 01/02 disk. i fancy loading it up to have a game for nostalgias sake. does anyone know of a site or program that will help me run/install it on my laptop? cheers.

the cheeky old game has stated,

"there is not enough system memory to create the game. please free up some more and try again"

i know my laptop is a wee bit clogged but i think it has enough left to run this! weird. anyone have any ideas?

how much system memory can a 10 year old game possible need??

The problem is that there's too much memory, ironically.

You need a program called QfixApp from the Application Compatibility Toolkit.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=24da89e9-b581-47b0-b45e-492dd6da2971&displaylang=en

then, from memory you do:

Run QFixApp

On "Layers", select "ProfilesSetup".

On "Fixes", select GlobalMemoryStatusLie.

Click "Browse" and navigate to the game executable and double click it.

Click "Run", and play the game.

After you have checked the box click the advanced button and then click the create fix support button it will then ask if you want to install the fix click yes and it will be permanently implemented into a fixes database so CM will run every time.

Did you try compatibility mode first? On your cm0102.exe icon (the one you use to run the game), right click, Properties, Compatibility Mode. Try Windows XP first, then go back to '98 if you need to. This sometimes fixes the problem without any additional software.

Did you try compatibility mode first? On your cm0102.exe icon (the one you use to run the game), right click, Properties, Compatibility Mode. Try Windows XP first, then go back to '98 if you need to. This sometimes fixes the problem without any additional software.

cheers mate that worked.:thup:

• 8 years later...

Recent changes to how Windows deals with today's DRM management has meant that many older games will not run on newer operating systems.  You could try right-clicking on the desktop icon after installation and select compatibility mode and then select one of the older Windows version, but I suspect that this will not work on such an old game.

Archived