Manchester united

Hey Volstskid, people's opinions vary on who's who and who's not. I've experienced a fair bit or randomness in the games I’ve played. Try players out in deferent positions and if you think they can hack it, regularly getting 7 +, then keep them, if not try a different position. If still no joy then consider selling them icon_wink.gif

I doubt that anyone would be dead-weight. You may have to invest some time in developing some players though. Remember, not everyone in your squat is meant to be a first team player. If that was the case then you'd have 25 unhappy players, some are only there as a back up and some are up and comming icon_smile.gif

Oh yeah, it's worth checking what the coach says about the player. Cardiff City start with loads of young players. If the coach suggested selling them as they hadn't developed as he would have expected then I generally would.

The best report the coach will give for a player is - He is key member of the squad. Those are the people who should be in your first team icon_wink.gif

Look at all your players and compare them with this guide by Marc Vaughan then sign players using it...

Goalkeeper:

Handling Excellent

Positioning Excellent

Defender:

Heading Excellent (Central Defenders only)

Tackling Excellent

Teamwork Good

Strength Good

Positioning Very Good

Midfielder (defensive):

Heading Good (Central Midfielders only)

Teamwork Good

Stamina Good

Strength Good

Tackling Very Good

Positioning Very Good

Midfielder (attacking):

Creativity Good

Off the Ball Very Good

Pace Good

Passing Excellent

Teamwork Good

Striker:

Heading Good

Movement Good

Pace Good

Shooting Excellent

Captains:

Age 24+

Leadership Very Good

Teamwork Good

I haven't given actual values for the abilities listed as this obviously changes depending upon the team that you are managing.... for example

Comment Cambridge City Norwich Arsenal

Good 6+ 8+ 10+

Very Good 10+ 12+ 14+

Excellent 12+ 14+ 16+

In general if 4 in 5 of the values set match the requirements then I will consider the player for purchase.

i normally off load Silvestre, O'Shea, Saha, Zieler, Amos, Gibson, Lee, Bardsley, Campbell and Howard

I try to replace them with 1 or 2 big names and the rest up and coming players as you have the quality to start off with just need the next generation to replace the likes of Giggs and Scholes once they get on

Archived