Bought boxed DVD, installed via Steam - help required

Hi,

sorry to open up this can of worms again...

I've just bought the fm10 boxed dvd version. Here's what I wanted to acheive:

1) Install via Steam

2) Update via Steam

3) Disable Steam

4) Play either offline or without DVD

is this possible?

so far I've done steps 1 and 2 but can't play it without being online.

also, can anybody tell me where the EXE is located as I've heard you can create a shortcut to the desktop to play without steam.

failing all this can anybody give me a link to the latest patch 10.2 for the boxed dvd version that a) works b) doesn't require signing up to a random site.

my first install was via offline mode (not steam) but i ran into problems when using the patch. It started prompting me for uniloc so i figure the patch was of the wrong type...

sorry for the long post....all in all i need a way to install, update and play the game (preferably without the dvd and without being logged into steam). Knowing the exe location when you install via steam would be useful.

any help would be much appreciated

I don't think you're legally permitted to do what you're looking to do.

If you want to play offline, you need the DVD in the drive; If you want to play without the DVD, you need to be online with Steam. Otherwise, you're circumventing the piracy protection.

I don't think you're legally permitted to do what you're looking to do.

If you want to play offline, you need the DVD in the drive; If you want to play without the DVD, you need to be online with Steam. Otherwise, you're circumventing the piracy protection.

Thanks for clarifying this. I've just read pages of confusing stuff on the installation post. I think I'll be playing with the DVD in the drive.

Open Steam without FM and its under the file menu - something like "Go into Offline Mode"

Thanks, as it will take me a while to install via steam and try this can I ask another ?...do I have to be online to switch the offline mode on!

Thanks, as it will take me a while to install via steam and try this can I ask another ?...do I have to be online to switch the offline mode on!

No

If you load your pc, steam starts automatically. If you are not connected to the internet, it gives you the option of starting in offline mode.

No

If you load your pc, steam starts automatically. If you are not connected to the internet, it gives you the option of starting in offline mode.

Disable that as well. There is no reason to have steam starting automatically so disable it from auto startup. It will start anyway when you need it.

I hate software that thinks it is the most important thing you need.

No

You must have your password and username saved though otherwise it won't let you. I found that steam was an ass with this on 09 and kept forgetting my details so have vowed never to use it again.

Archived