it didnt cross the line so how is it a goal?

playing boro away with man utd and im 2-1 up in the 2nd half. boro have a corner and play it to luccin on the edge of the box who shoots and it stops right on top of kuszczak who is on the line and it says goal even when it clearly isnt over the line! what a joke! has any one had this before?

playing boro away with man utd and im 2-1 up in the 2nd half. boro have a corner and play it to luccin on the edge of the box who shoots and it stops right on top of kuszczak who is on the line and it says goal even when it clearly isnt over the line! what a joke! has any one had this before?

but is it even supposed to happen? ive never seen it before. i dont know how you could have this in a game when it is clear wether or not the ball is over because you have the lines right in front of you where is this is not so in real life.

I assumed that it only appears that way on the game. I score quite a few that go in off the crossbar or the keeper and it looks like it's right on the line. If the media doesn't ask about it and no players complain it's probably a clear goal. Because the ball is proportionally bigger on the 2D graphic than it should be it's easy to get it muddled on our little screens.

I've never experienced it with a goal, but often it "goes out for a corner" - yet the ball is clearly not over the line. I'd be gutted if it happened for a goal.

The closest I've ever had to something like this, was when the ball hit the inside of the post, and the "GOAL" flash came up, (at this point I'm like - that was NEVER A F....) - then it hit the other post and actually went in. Couldn't complain about it then, but it it had hit the other post and come out, they would've given a goal for the ball hitting one post, then the other, then coming out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysharkey21:

but this is a game. if they cant make keepers get sent off i dont think they would have controversial goal line decisions! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, goalkeepers CAN get sent off. It is rare but it does happen.

Secondly, the ball crossing the line issue is one that is purely cosmetic: the ball HAS crossed the line otherwise the goal wouldn't be given. The problem is that it looks to be on the line, rather than over. This is a general issue with all edges of the pitch, which you will see sometimes for corners and throw-ins as well. This is under review.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andysharkey21:

but this is a game. if they cant make keepers get sent off i dont think they would have controversial goal line decisions! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, goalkeepers CAN get sent off. It is rare but it does happen.

Secondly, the ball crossing the line issue is one that is purely cosmetic: the ball HAS crossed the line otherwise the goal wouldn't be given. The problem is that it looks to be on the line, rather than over. This is a general issue with all edges of the pitch, which you will see sometimes for corners and throw-ins as well. This is under review. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I have had Cech sent off against me and also had a Gk score from a kick out of his hands...so they do happen...not as regular as IRL (the red card...not the scoring)...for those who have yet to witness either I have PKM if anyone wants to see!

The ball stopping on the line and a goal being given has happened twice to me on my save.

I understand that mistakes are made by referees in football but when the ball actually stops on the line it does get annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> it didnt cross the line so how is it a goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask Rafa Benitez icon_razz.gif

Archived