Will the automatic removal of your club icon status when you leave be fixed in 10.3?

It's one of the most rubbishy things about this game, no matter how successful, how beloved, no matter the tribute paid when you leave, no matter that you dont even go anywhere else (maybe only international team) no matter that players who leave stay on the beloved list.

Why does the game instantly and automatically remove you from the icon/legends etc list. I really really hate that. If you go to a rival ok maybe (though i'm fairly sure George Graham would still be classed as an Arsenal legend for example) but for no reason, it sucks badly.

And since we've bought the game, the game should show a bit more respect imo!

It's one of the most rubbishy things about this game, no matter how successful, how beloved, no matter the tribute paid when you leave, no matter that you dont even go anywhere else (maybe only international team) no matter that players who leave stay on the beloved list.

Why does the game instantly and automatically remove you from the icon/legends etc list. I really really hate that. If you go to a rival ok maybe (though i'm fairly sure George Graham would still be classed as an Arsenal legend for example) but for no reason, it sucks badly.

And since we've bought the game, the game should show a bit more respect imo!

I agree on this :) .. I would love the teams to respect the work you put in for them .. Of course i would never join a rival but this feature will be brilliant if its fixed .. :)

It really makes no sense for them to pay tribute to you declaring you one of the club's most faithful servants (not sure i'd quite express it that way though!) and then at the same time dump you from the legends/icons list etc.

What makes it sad for me is that you dont get the feel that your past achievements with the club meaned anything and that your career hasnt counted for much. I think in general the game falls down badly in that regard in many ways this just being one of them.

I think it's a mechanism so the AI teams don't re-hire a manager who has left. Obviously if he is a legend the club will see if they can get him back.
Personally I feel that this should be fairly low on the priority list. Its a bit annoying but there are bigger issues.

FMRTE = wrongness!

To answer both of these plus the OP question. Fixing this is not that complicated. The game should be able to detect the difference between being sacked and quitting. Managers quitting and being rehired happens every once in a while so its not unlikely however if you get fired and are a legend you should be unable to be rehired by a simple coding method. Saked = No, Resigned = Yes.

To answer both of these plus the OP question. Fixing this is not that complicated. The game should be able to detect the difference between being sacked and quitting. Managers quitting and being rehired happens every once in a while so its not unlikely however if you get fired and are a legend you should be unable to be rehired by a simple coding method. Saked = No, Resigned = Yes.

I agree. But I'm sure I've read from someone at SI that the reason this is in the game to stop managers going straight back to clubs they have left, either by sacking or resigning.

Capello and Sacchi each had a couple of stints at Milan for example, so it does happen, especially I think in Italy, I would love to see it fixed tbh. The little things like career narrative etc matter a lot i think. It would also be good if clubs/press/players referred back to your era if you were successful etc

I agree. But I'm sure I've read from someone at SI that the reason this is in the game to stop managers going straight back to clubs they have left, either by sacking or resigning.

That's what I've seen too.

It may not be a priority for many people, but if it worked it would just be one of those little touches that makes FM special compared to it's competitors.

Archived