Ass Man Discipline When On Holiday (FM11)

For FM11 would it be possible to implement something into the game where you can have a go at your Ass Man for not following instructions?

I know this was my own fault for doing it but Im Man Utd and holidayed a game at home v Wolves because I couldnt be bothered. I set up my team, formation and tactics and in the holiday screen I chose use current team selection and use current tactics.

After the game I come back to see ive lost the game 1-0 and not 1 of the players i selected was in the team.

If I tell my Ass Man to use that team, I expect him to use that team. It wasn't a suggestion, it was an order. I cant sack him for not doing his job because every Ass Man does this so that wont solve anything.

Id like SI to either fix this or allow an option to warn/fine him for not following instructions.

Also when your Ass Man plays your friendly games for you why does he always use the tactic you already have set up without telling him to use it. You could set up your keeper then two banks of five and he'd still play that formation. Its just stupid.

Can anybody from SI confirm whether or not these issue are being/will be looked into for FM11.

Thankyou :thup:

Personally it's your own fault for going on holiday in the middle of the season. I know it's not a justification but it kind of serves you right :p

I have already said this. Nothing constructive there. If you leave specific instructions to be followed then they should be followed. Not make up his own mind and go against your judgement

I have already said this. Nothing constructive there. If you leave specific instructions to be followed then they should be followed. Not make up his own mind and go against your judgement

I know, was only pulling your leg. I'd expect my under-study to follow any instructions I leave so overall I'd say it's a nice idea.

I havent had any issues with matches but I swear i have accidentally holiday past the registration date and the ass man has f'ed the entire team. Once Sammy Lee decided we would be better off if Gerrard and Torres weren't registered for the EPL. Facepalm.

I'm not sure why what you've described is happening but I do have a workaround.

What I normally do is set my team up the way I want it and then continue to the match screen. Only after that do I 'simulate' the match by going on holiday. It works :)

cheers for that i'll have a go if i decide to holiday a game again in future. I hope SI sort this for the next patch. Have you noticed also that the Ass Man always uses the same formation that you have set up no matter how stupid it is even when you leave no instruction to use the current tactics.

cheers for that i'll have a go if i decide to holiday a game again in future. I hope SI sort this for the next patch. Have you noticed also that the Ass Man always uses the same formation that you have set up no matter how stupid it is even when you leave no instruction to use the current tactics.

If you're referring to friendlies then I can't say I've noticed because I never ever bother about them :o I only use them as a means of gaining match fitness.

But if you're referring to competitive games then no, that doesn't happen to me.

last 2 comments very helpful :rolleyes: If you dont have anything constructive to say then dont bother.

@Tomer, I wasn't sure if this was actually a bug so I was waiting to get some feedback first before porting in the bugs forum. Im sick of mods moving/deleting threads because the deem it to be in the wrong place. If it is infact a bug I will post there

Archived