Flawed attributes distribution for DM newgens?

Here's another issue with newgens and their weird attribute distribution...

Over time I noticed my scouts were finding an insane amount of DM/MCs who look more like Wingers, and I began to wonder whether it was just a matter of poor scouting of there was more behind it.

That's the typical Newgen DM/MC I've found in the game

DMC2.jpg

Not exactly the kind of player I imagine as my Anchor Man, and barely ok as Ball Winning Midfielder.

Then there's the "allrounder" variation of this guy, a more balanced but still not so defensive defensive midfielder

DMC3.jpg

And that's an aging Daniele De Rossi, not even a Bulldozer-type DMC, but still the difference in the core attributes for DMCs is very noticeable... I'll mercifully spare you guys like Essien or Annan, as their defensiveness and phisicality is embarrassing if compared with the puny-pacey newgens.

DMC1.jpg

So, for the love of statistics and for not basing the bug "accusation" on impressions and prejudice, I decided to use Genie Scout for a nice little research:

Savegame at January 2015, database with Gillsminnows Retain Players File, England (CC1) Norway (D2) and Italy (Serie B) loaded.

* Number of natural DM (rating 20) with at least 15 for Bravery, Positioning, Strength and Workrate: 64. 63 of them are original db players. 1 is Newgen

* Number of natural DM with at least 15 for Acceleration, Agility and Pace: 250. of them 204 are Newgens.

Apparently, the new generation of DMs is going to consist of pacey players who can't keep their position or effectively challenge their opponents... But that's not what a DM is supposed to do, isn't it? ;)

Next chapter: Strikers who can't shoot (nor with their feet nor with their head), but can either run or shoulder-tackle... Football goes American?

I know it's still too early, but honestly, how much work do all those pacey and frail DMs need in order to make them better than a dime-a-dozen old style DM?

I mean, some skills can get better over time, with experience and training, but if the starting point is SO low and, quite frankly, not suitable for the role, what's the point?

I'd end up "wasting" most of the remaining CA points to raise his vital attributes, just to reach half-good results, to the point an aging Essien could still be a more effective Anchor Man than little Johnny Newgen...

Honestly I'm half-tempted to retrain one of those "Arrow DMs" as wingers/side midfielders, just to see what they can do... At least their inherent lack of phisicality will be less of an issue, not having to tackle much.

@ bluemoon. I just retouched the original radar in Photoshop, so I can get a better overview of a player's skills.

I also find my LB/LWB regens on my games always seem to be Aerially and defensively superior but for some reason they always seem to be extremely slow.

Where as my RB/RWB regens are fast and have some defensive ability as they should have.

I can't understand why my LB/LWB's are taking form of Aerial Superior CD's.

Archived