Chairman selling all my best players

I was annoyed when my chairman sold Pato for 59 million, as I was trying to push into the top 4 with Plymouth. Ultimately, it did allow me to buy some class youngsters and build up the club so we're now the dominant force in world football.

yay!!

When you get promoted to higher leagues it is unlikely to happen.

Realistically, at a lower level this is to be expected. Set players with a value so you can have more control.

Um... no, mate. This is wrong. Your chairman can override you at any level and sell your players, especially if he has a high 'Interference' rating.

Um... no, mate. This is wrong. Your chairman can override you at any level and sell your players, especially if he has a high 'Interference' rating.

Yes, I know that.

I was referring to the OP's situation - if he gets promoted it is less likely to happen on his current budget with his current crop of players.

Maybe, but he will also have an increased revenue stream.

Which will be offset by the wage increases.

And I think that a chairman at any level is likely to accept bids over the manager's head if the offer's good enough. You don't need to be in financial trouble.

And I think that a chairman at any level is likely to accept bids over the manager's head if the offer's good enough. You don't need to be in financial trouble.

Your right. Mike Ashley sold James Milner despite Keegan wanting to keep him.

yep happened to me got my swansea team into play offs with 2 very good regens

both signed new contracts:thup:as key players

but didnt stop my chairman from accepting offers on both...............and he only gave me 40% of sales to spend the git;)

You're not your

Don't correct other people's spelling. I'm shocked at how many times I see it. If something can be understood, why feel the need to draw attention to someone's mistake and embarrass them?

yep happened to me got my swansea team into play offs with 2 very good regens

both signed new contracts:thup:as key players

but didnt stop my chairman from accepting offers on both...............and he only gave me 40% of sales to spend the git;)

The rest went on his new speed boat. ;)

Don't correct other people's spelling. I'm shocked at how many times I see it. If something can be understood, why feel the need to draw attention to someone's mistake and embarrass them?

The rest went on his new speed boat. ;)

I did my usual went for the old ultimatum...more cash or I'm gone:thup:

he took it well......................clear your desk now and xxxx xxx;)

When you get promoted to higher leagues it is unlikely to happen.

You're not one of the last 50 managers to be sacked by Real Madrid then? ;)

Ironically, there's a thread going now asking for a Director of Football to take away all managerial responsibility for buying and selling players. Can't please everyone!

You're not one of the last 50 managers to be sacked by Real Madrid then? ;)

Ironically, there's a thread going now asking for a Director of Football to take away all managerial responsibility for buying and selling players. Can't please everyone!

LOL you're right. It makes no sense.

I've already been dug up about that comment and as I said before, I was actually talking about the OP's current squad. I should have put a big neon sign requesting not to take it out of context.

No you can't stop it from happening.

There are a few clubs in real life where the chairman tells the manager

"here are your new signings for the season, enjoy"

be grateful SI havent got that part of CEO inteference ingame yet.

Chairman selling players

Chairman buying players

Chairman cancelling player purchases

Chairman cancelling player sales

all happen at somepoint or other in real football, we only have to deal with 1 instance of this activity ingame.

my multi millionaire chairman decided he wanted to sell the club and sold to a fellow director who has no money whatsoever. I'm Ebbslfeet in 2018/19 currently in the championship fighting for promotion, i managed to hang on to a few off my better players but did loose some players.

I don't think so, however, you could try discouraging clubs from making offers to your players in the first place.If a player in my team seems to attract the attention of big clubs, i set his asking price to the highest possible with reject all offers. This seems to help somehow..

I don't think so, however, you could try discouraging clubs from making offers to your players in the first place.If a player in my team seems to attract the attention of big clubs, i set his asking price to the highest possible with reject all offers. This seems to help somehow..

You can also set his price to zero. That way the chairman will look at how weak the offer is and not steam in to accept it.

Like someone mentioned in another thread (and I've tried this on a few occassions to great success, with Dover Athletic), just offer the player out for $0. If loads of clubs come in for him accept all offers, and hope he chooses one of those and not the one your chairman accepted. Then you have the power to cancel the deal when he says he accepts the contract offer.

No you can't stop it from happening.

There are a few clubs in real life where the chairman tells the manager

"here are your new signings for the season, enjoy"

be grateful SI havent got that part of CEO inteference ingame yet.

Chairman selling players

Chairman buying players

Chairman cancelling player purchases

Chairman cancelling player sales

all happen at somepoint or other in real football, we only have to deal with 1 instance of this activity ingame.

In FM06 Abramovich bought Chivu for me so it is a feature that's been removed.

If a team offers X money to buy one of your talents, if you set the price to 0 wouldn't it be too late ? If the chairman accepted I think it would be too late for whatever action.....dunno ?

If you set his asking price to £0, and offer him out, you'll get loads of offers in. If he accepts one of them, as opposed to the original offer your chairman accepted, you'll have the chance to cancel the deal.

That's bascially cheating though.

For those that don't like cheating there is really nothing you can do about it other than resign. Or maybe wait it out and see if the club gets taken over.

You can also offer the player a new contract, and hope he accepts.

I was annoyed when my chairman sold Pato for 59 million, as I was trying to push into the top 4 with Plymouth. Ultimately, it did allow me to buy some class youngsters and build up the club so we're now the dominant force in world football.

yay!!

lol, Pato at Plymouth..

In FM06 Abramovich bought Chivu for me so it is a feature that's been removed.

They should bring it back. Its realism. Its stupid to mange Real Madrid and Chelsea and not have players bought and sold over my back. Why is there that option when talking to the press that says "Complete surprise to me I didn't even know" when you sign a new player.

Its all these n00bs saying OMG I want realism yet don't like chairman interference. Its like letting Portsmouth buy Davenport for all the cash in the bank/future cash (or lack of it lol). It would never happen.

What about letting John Terry go? Really? You will be chased out of London and maybe the UK for that. FM has become more bugged and less realistic over the years. Frankly lack of competition has made this game worst.

Archived