Is there any evidence that loan players play to their 'full' abilities ?

Is there any evidence that loan players play to their full abilities, or does the ME take into account that they are only on loan and therefore wouldn't reasonably be willing to throw themselves into some tackles or give 100%, since they aren't meant to be impressing their loan club.

**PLAYER NAMING BELOW**

I don't think so. There's plenty of observations I can make about loanees taking time to settle, same as any signing, but in terms of motivation I've not noticed any. If anything, I've found they play a little better than their attributes suggest, their morale being high due to the promise of first team football.

An example that springs to mind is Vladimir Weiss from Man City. When I'm manageing a L1 or Championship club, I always loan him because he always performs for me, usually best as a right winger, but also an advanced play-maker, despite having fairly average attributes, even for the Championship. But when I've played as Man City and not loaned him out, I stick him in for cup games against donkey opposition and he still doesn't produce.

So, short answer: it depends on their morale.

It all depends on Moral as previous posts states .. In all honesty i have had some good Loan Deals come in ... Maybe the odd 1 or 2 flop but players do generally perform OK ..

They perform to the point where you would want to sign them .. then just gradually underperform

Youngsters perform better on loan though than at their current clubs ..

That's a case of perception I think and a case of playing against a lower standard of oppostion. Case in point was when I was Notts County and loaned Kyle Bartley from Arsenal, he was awesome but he was up against League 2 strikers. He'd struggle a lot more against Prem strikers.

Archived