Special request for the moderators

I know it's not usually allowed but can I make a special case for changing my username ? Assuming the proposed expulsion from the Blue Square Premier does actually happen it kind of makes the chesterfan2 user name a bit, well, redundant.

I know some people will say I ought to keep it for sentimental reasons, but I'm really not feeling too benevolent towards the club and it's ownership at this present time.

Change of user name is not normally allowed on the forums unless there are exceptional circumstances and with respect, these are hardly exceptional are they?

The club my username is named after going out of business. Does that really happen all the time ? I think not. Perhaps you ought to check the dictonary for a definition of exceptional. If the answers is no, then it's no and I accept that, but it's not run of the mill is it ?

Perhaps the best thing to do would be wait until something actually happens, then contact mods[at]sigames.com to make your case. Us moderators can't actually change names but the people who can may look at it favourably.

Then again, there's always a chance that if you wait long enough your name might make sense again, like this one ;)

I managed to get my user named changed when I relocated from Kathmandu to Phnom Penh. I PM'd Miles who kindly did it.

FWIW, IMO, I reckon Chester will reform in the way of other clubs that have gone bust. They may become AFC Chester or something, but that username would still be valid.

Archived