Chester and 10.3/FM2011

What with my formerly beloved Chester City about to be thrown out of the BSP is, assuming that event does actually happen, 10.3 going to be able to reflect that in some way ? And with a Pheonix club on the way, albeit many divisions down the ladder, will they be in FM2011 ?

Sad days indeed for me. Who should I follow now ? I'm thinking Witton Albion may be the ones. :(

Support the phoenix club. The way Chester has been run is disgraceful. Get involved, help out the new club that will be run by you, the fans. It will give you a new team to support and football in Chester will be fun again.

To be honest, Ryan, I am as negative about Chester as I have ever been, despondant doesn't even begin to cover it. Doubtless though, and as you say, I will become enthused again by the Pheonix club. Perhaps there is a light on the horizon as you say. Thanks mate.

As an Aldershot fan myself, I know from experience that a fallen club can rise again! Get right behind the phoenix club, and good luck!

With regard to it being included on 10.3, I thought I had read somewhere that data has been locked, so any recent transfers or changes will not be reflected? I could be totally wrong though! :)

wrexham fan here.. as much i hate chester.... i feel for the fans .....

club was run really badly tbh....

and yeah... get behind the local phoenix club... it'll be a fans club again... and tbh.. its not the teams fault the club has died...stick behind them and give them the support

With regard to it being included on 10.3, I thought I had read somewhere that data has been locked, so any recent transfers or changes will not be reflected? I could be totally wrong though!

Yes, I think you're right. The data has been locked, so I would have thought things will stay as they are regardless of what happens to Chester from here.

not that different as we were close to being liquedated but a buyer came in for us

Did Luton ever have games called off becuase players weren't willing to play, or because they couldn't pay the police bill, or because they had been suspended from the league?

The way the club has been run is a disgrace, to just say "get on with it" is wrong IMO.

Did'nt something similar happen to Halifax Town? They got kicked out of the Confrence a couple of seasons ago and on FM they were put into one of the lower leagues and are now known as AFC Halifax, like real life.

Maybe they will do something similar for Chester on 10.3 ...

Sad days indeed for me. Who should I follow now ? I'm thinking Witton Albion may be the ones. :(

You have to support the phoenix club.

As a Wimbledon fan we had nothing come 28th May 2002....in the 8 years since I have never enjoyed football so much.

In face of such adversity the fans pulled together and despite the level 8 start we have enjoyed every minute of the ride.

It'll be YOUR club, not owned by some money grabbing moron.

It doesn't get better, trust me. Go speak to the trust movement at Chester.

Oh...and look who we have had as shirt spnosors since 2002.....they'll make sure you can sneak your way back in.

My main concern is where does the phoenix club start. Even if its right at the bottom I would rather support it than Vaughans Chester

In my opinion, why does it matter? Wherever you go, you will be a fresh club with a fresh start and will have left this mess behind you. You will win games and, like I said, football will be fun again.

Incidentally, if Chester do get expelled from the BSP, there is a maximum of three divisions they can be relegated. So that is, what, the Unibond Division 1?

I start every FM game as Chester. I've taken the boys to Premier League and Champions League victory. I suppose 10.3 will be once last shot at the big time.

I'll miss them when they are gone.

Did you try to keep Chester up this season with pretty much the original squad or did you dump 'em all and start with a clean slate?

Utterly criminal (literally) what's gone on at Chester - far worse than Pompey but little media coverage. As said above, SI have locked the data for patch 10.3 and the Conference suits are still dithering, so my guess is they'll start in the patch in the Conf on -25 points but with even worse finances. Their fate will be sorted in time for FM11. If they do start again in tier 99, the beauty is you can use the editor to manage them.

You got what you deserved - even the Football League doesn't like you.

Sorry, but that's a bit rich coming from someone who is "faithful" to Nene Park --

90% of the people who watch football league will be going, "Nene Park? Where?"

Yeah the Chester case is much different than Pompey. Vaughan is a scousers mafioso who bled that club to death, took and took and took cash out of the club while laundering the money. He did nothing to boost the team, just used all the money for his I'll gotten gains.

Archived