The Most Overrated Team in FM2010 - Be Honest ...

Let's be honest ... It has to be Man City ...

Sure the have all that money but whos to say they will win like the next god knows how many premierships ..

I think SI Loved off City and Tevez too much this season ..

It's good to see other teams win the Prem such as the low championship sides but the amount of times City Win is crazy ..

What do people think ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's be honest ... It has to be Man City ...

Sure the have all that money but whos to say they will win like the next god knows how many premierships ..

I think SI Loved off City and Tevez too much this season ..

It's good to see other teams win the Prem such as the low championship sides but the amount of times City Win is crazy ..

What do people think ?

Portsmouth. They haven’t been liquidated in a single save as of yet. :p

Ummm not really

with the amount of backing they get it would be a disgrace if they didn't start dominating soon

Yes but think about it when you say dominate soon , are you saying they wil win the next 10 league tits in the next 12-15 years ?

Wait for the patch :p i think they will target portsmouth

I really hope they don’t. I read today that David Gold (West Ham chairman) would lend them $10 million (pounds) if he was guaranteed a re-payment on a certain date. Although I’m not against this, as it’d keep the integrity of Portsmouth and the Premier League, I would prefer if he focused on West Ham and got us on track. :p Sorry if some of my facts/comments are wrong, Australia gets a diluted version of football news.

I agree, and I'm a Tottenham fan. They are over rated in FM10

Shun the non-believer, shuuuuuuuun. :)

I really hope they don’t. I read today that David Gold (West Ham chairman) would lend them $10 million (pounds) if he was guaranteed a re-payment on a certain date. Although I’m not against this, as it’d keep the integrity of Portsmouth and the Premier League, I would prefer if he focused on West Ham and got us on track. :p Sorry if some of my facts/comments are wrong, Australia gets a diluted version of football news.

Shun the non-believer, shuuuuuuuun. :)

When Wolves do the double on us, we don't deserve to finish fourth.

Plus, my heart truly belongs to Celtic and Spurs will always be second to the Hoops

When Wolves do the double on us, we don't deserve to finish fourth.

Plus, my heart truly belongs to Celtic and Spurs will always be second to the Hoops

West Ham is a point above the drop zone, I’d rather drop six points against Wolves and be 4th than have the threat of relegation any day. :p

West Ham is a point above the drop zone, I’d rather drop six points against Wolves and be 4th than have the threat of relegation any day. :p

aye but to be considered title challengers of any sort, if you can't beat the big teams you definitely need to be beating the Wolverhamptons of this world...

Also I've got a lot of admiration for West Ham

The game doesn't reflect Man U's ability to get every decision in their favour and all that extra stoppage time...;):p

lol , I think City get more fouls given and decisions more than Man Utd ...;):

And plus everyone gets time added on .. :p if you are united you just get 2minutes more than what the ref says..

I disagree, I believe that Chelsea are the most over-rated, certainly in the Prem as they always seem to be in with a shout, even with a below-par squad

But Chelsea have always been a threat .. before Mourinho or Abramovich .. They always finished top 4 .. :)

So you're saying you shouldn't base the CA on what happened last season? :confused:

No because in some games i have seein tottenham , city win the prem which is absolute bonkers..

I think City will win the prem in 4 - 5 years not anytime soon ..

Everyone in this world knew liverpool were lucky thats why they had only one chance last year . Did you not doubt them this season yourself ... I have always battered liverpool in this game . Its the first fixture i look at .. :)

on to the topic :p

Liverpool were overachievers last season and its there for everyone to see ...

This season they have been awful but are in the right place or should i say they should be 5th now that city has taken over ..

No because in some games i have seein tottenham , city win the prem which is absolute bonkers..

I think City will win the prem in 4 - 5 years not anytime soon ..

Everyone in this world knew liverpool were lucky thats why they had only one chance last year . Did you not doubt them this season yourself ... I have always battered liverpool in this game . Its the first fixture i look at .. :)

on to the topic :p

Liverpool were overachievers last season and its there for everyone to see ...

This season they have been awful but are in the right place or should i say they should be 5th now that city has taken over ..

Leaving all the Liverpool baiting out of what you've said, because it has no point in the thread, what you're actually saying is:

SI shouldn't base current ability on what happened during the last season, which is the most current SI can make the data.

Instead SI should make it so that only Chelsea and Manchester United (possibly Arsenal) should win the league for the first five seasons.

Leaving all the Liverpool baiting out of what you've said, because it has no point in the thread, what you're actually saying is:

SI shouldn't base current ability on what happened during the last season, which is the most current SI can make the data.

Instead SI should make it so that only Chelsea and Manchester United (possibly Arsenal) should win the league for the first five seasons.

Spot on .....

Why? You don't know what could happen. What if the FA/UEFA step in and force United to clear their debts... what if Man City get a team that gels? There'd also be no point in managing teams like Villa, Everton or Tottenham, if no matter what you did, you couldn't win the league.

Peterborough United are the most over-rated. They always e3nd up in the play-offs first season on my save.

While the run away League One winners always end up in a relegation battle.

I'm assuming you are referring to Leicester?

In which case I do tend to agree with you on that one. They're having a pretty good season IRL.

On the game if you're at City you can buy players who would never join them in real life. On my City saved in 2011 I had Villa, Ochoa, Mexes, Rossi, Fabregas, Essien, A Cole, Sagna, Sanchis, Maxi, Aguero. If you can buy the best you should easily be the best. This squad may have cost me over 400mil but I could win everything without cheating on the game

Why? You don't know what could happen. What if the FA/UEFA step in and force United to clear their debts... what if Man City get a team that gels? There'd also be no point in managing teams like Villa, Everton or Tottenham, if no matter what you did, you couldn't win the league.

Why not , Its the future ... for now noone know what will happen .. How do do you know UTD wont go and WIN the next 3 PREM TROPHIES AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND fa dont need to come in coz we have money ..

Tottenham , Everton and Villa will always be up there fighting to get into europe so they will always have fans .. ( It will be different now because i think Prem Champions will be teams who are super rich .. ) Its rare now to get a mid team win it .. ( That's why i love FM ) A lot of mid teams get bought and end up winning ..

What if Man City get a team that gels.. Well for now i think they have a good team but it will take time .. Chelsea took time and they were already a threat before Mourinho and Abramovich came ...

Why not , Its the future ... for now noone know what will happen .. How do do you know UTD wont go and WIN the next 3 PREM TROPHIES AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND fa dont need to come in coz we have money ..

Tottenham , Everton and Villa will always be up there fighting to get into europe so they will always have fans .. ( It will be different now because i think Prem Champions will be teams who are super rich .. ) Its rare now to get a mid team win it .. ( That's why i love FM ) A lot of mid teams get bought and end up winning ..

What if Man City get a team that gels.. Well for now i think they have a good team but it will take time .. Chelsea took time and they were already a threat before Mourinho and Abramovich came ...

But there's nothing to indicate that for the next 5 years only 2 possibly 3 teams could win the league. If Mancini does at City what Mourinho did at Chelsea and rather than just spending willy nilly like Hughes/Ranieri did, he actually buys a little bit of quality to fill in the gaps they could be a genuine forcenext year.

The game has to (and I feel does) reflect the best thing about football, anything can happen.

Well, you have just stopped the game being a game. As gunner86 says, what would the point in managing Spurs/Villa/Everton even Man City be?

To prove money aint everything .. :) I personally love the challenge ..

Arsenal always go to the top of the league every season remember but they arent as rated as city who have money .. ( umm Arsenal have money as well)

Of course i should not say UTD ARSENAL AND CHELSEA should all win, but i think the gap between the top 3 should be at least 10 points from anyone below that for now ...

To prove money aint everything .. :) I personally love the challenge ..

Arsenal always go to the top of the league every season remember but they arent as rated as city who have money .. ( umm Arsenal have money as well)

Of course i should not say UTD ARSENAL AND CHELSEA should all win, but i think the gap between the top 3 should be at least 10 points from anyone below that for now ...

In season 1 maybe you have a point, but that depends on who you're managing. If I was managing City (which I haven't done on FM10) I would expect to be closer than 10 points if I got all the players I wanted.

Arsenal have money... but no-one really knows how much. Unless Usmanov or Kroenke step up their shareholdings in the club, I don't think that they come anywhere near the financial muscle of Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea. For that reason Arsenal are probably the most challenging team to manage out of that 4.

I agree with what you say about enjoynig the challenge which is why I chose to manage Villa in my current save. Where it's taken me 5 seasons to be considered a title challenger. That's because financially they aren't as strong, and while I have managed to secure the signings of Rooney, Mata, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Fabregas, Sakho and Modric. It has had to been done over years.

My point with that is that with City have the financial clout to bring in those players within the first 2 summers (ie by the start of the second season) and thus could be title challengers (at the very least) for the 2010/11 season.

Sporting Lisbon

They have 4 or 5 near World Class players by looking at their stats. When really the likes of Moutinho, Veloso and the like are very good players, they are no where near as good as they are on FM

Archived