Taking over clubs in trouble

I have just finished my 4th season with Ajax and now I feel my Ajax squad is in great shape and only needs tinkering looked for a second team to manage, after looking I noticed Hull got relegated from the championship after getting a 10 point deduction. Taking over them I had the oldest squad in the championship with a wage bill of 290,000, my transfer budget is 0 and new wage budget is 15,000.

Also the club is in alot of debt

I have managed to get my wage bill down to 29,000 after selling anyone on more than 5 grand a week, getting 6 million back in transfer fees, now they are out of debt by a few grand.

They still want promotion from the league, if I do it, I want a knighthood, lol

Does anyone else do stuff like this when there main team gets to a stable state.

I have sent a few of my reserve players out on loan but only the ones who would of gone anyway, I was tempted to pass some money over but decided to play it straight, I offered to make them a feeder club, but my chairmen couldnt sort it out.

I have sent a few of my reserve players out on loan but only the ones who would of gone anyway, I was tempted to pass some money over but decided to play it straight, I offered to make them a feeder club, but my chairmen couldnt sort it out.

I’ve heard you can do this, but I have never been able to choose a specific club to be a feeder, I’ve only ever been able to choose the type I want. Can you give me any more info on how you achieved this?

I’ve heard you can do this, but I have never been able to choose a specific club to be a feeder, I’ve only ever been able to choose the type I want. Can you give me any more info on how you achieved this?

In my first season they picked, 2nd/3rd season they let me chose the type ie merchandising/loan players

Now I have finished my 4th season they give me the option to pick a club

You need to have been at the club for a few years. I got it after 3 years with Villa and have since chosen Fulham and Bologna as feeder clubs...

May drop Fulham since they sacked Freddie Ljungberg as manager.

Back on topic... I've never managed 2 clubs at the same time. Especially considering that once my rep is big enough I like to venture into International management alongside my club. And thats time consuming enough.

My suggestion to you would be reallocate as much of the transfer budget that you now have as a result of those sales into wages and try and get some good frees or loan deals.

In my first season they picked, 2nd/3rd season they let me chose the type ie merchandising/loan players

Now I have finished my 4th season they give me the option to pick a club

What team are you managing?

I’ve had to re-format my laptop, so I’m waiting for 10.3 to start with the mighty ‘Ammers, and thanks for the info/swift reply :)

Back on topic... I've never managed 2 clubs at the same time. Especially considering that once my rep is big enough I like to venture into International management alongside my club. And thats time consuming enough.

My suggestion to you would be reallocate as much of the transfer budget that you now have as a result of those sales into wages and try and get some good frees or loan deals.

I’d do what Gunner said. Buying players doesn’t help if you can’t pay their wages, shift most or all of it into the wage budget, and try and strengthen areas you need most. Good luck. :)

What team are you managing?

I’ve had to re-format my laptop, so I’m waiting for 10.3 to start with the mighty ‘Ammers, and thanks for the info/swift reply :)

I am manager of Ajax, my record in the league is 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 1st, guess they are happy enough to trust me

I’d do what Gunner said. Buying players doesn’t help if you can’t pay their wages, shift most or all of it into the wage budget, and try and strengthen areas you need most. Good luck. :)

I did with the few hundred grand they let me have, its freed up another 2 grand a week, so now Im upto a massive 18,000 a week wages and no transfer fund

I did with the few hundred grand they let me have, its freed up another 2 grand a week, so now Im upto a massive 18,000 a week wages and no transfer fund

What happened to the 200,000 odd wage budget you freed up by selling all those players?

I have nearly 280,000 over my wage budget when I took over

Ah ok. I misunderstood your original post thought you had 290000 spent and an extra 15,000 available. :o

Oh dear oh dear. You may have serious problems then.

That being said, you may still be able to get a couple of decent frees... and then maybe sell them in January... just a thought.

Ah ok. I misunderstood your original post thought you had 290000 spent and an extra 15,000 available. :o

Oh dear oh dear. You may have serious problems then.

That being said, you may still be able to get a couple of decent frees... and then maybe sell them in January... just a thought.

Tempted at that, thats roughly the way I run Ajax, Im an Arsenal fan so always try to buy young and cheap and build that way

I did this sort of thing with Schalke on FM08. £120m in debt and were fighting to stay up in the First division. Took over and got 10 point deduction for all the debt. Got relegated in the end and completely sold the squad, encouraging youths to make the first team and got promoted 2 seasons later with £30m debt and got Schalke into healthy position reaching 9th in the First division.

If you want a serious challenge these type of clubs are the most challenging in FM, not your win CL with Man City which is quite frankly easy with all there money.

I do this all the time.

In FM09 I had a game going with Hull consistently in the CL.. so i decided to get Darlington up from League Two to the Prem.. then took on a third team, Fortuna Sittard in Holland, and managed to get them from the brink of extinction to European football.

This is definately the best fun had in FM.

Archived